The International Facility Management Association has announced its 2009-2010 executive committee and board of directors, which began their terms July 1. Thomas L. Mitchell Jr., CFM, CFMJ, will serve as the new chair of the association’s board of directors, succeeding John McGee, MBA.
Mitchell retired from active duty service in the U.S. Air Force as a lieutenant colonel in 2008, after more than 20 years of leading and managing programs that directed the development, acquisition, sustainment, and protection of facilities at military installations throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. He joined the management consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton, where he works with managers, consultants and clients to develop vision, strategies and solutions that shape, improve and optimize the built environment.
Rounding out IFMA’s new executive committee are Francis J. Kuhn, CFM, CFMJ, vice president of facilities and administration for Western Corporate Federal Credit Union, and William A. Rodgers Jr., president and CEO of GoodCents. Kuhn and Rodgers will serve as the association’s first and second vice chairs, respectively.
“I’m extremely pleased to have this opportunity to work with Francis Kuhn and Bill Rodgers as we take the first steps toward turning the IFMA 20/20 vision developed under John McGee’s leadership into reality. They are tremendous leaders in their respective fields and possess an enduring passion for advancing our profession,” said Mitchell. “It’s an honor to be a part of this dynamic team committed to serving the needs of our stakeholders and positioning our association to meet the challenges and opportunities presented by the increased demand for facility professionals and solutions across the globe.”
The new members of IFMA’s 2009-2010 board of directors are:
- William T. Conley, CFM, CFMJ, LEED AP, IFMA Fellow, managing director of Pacific Building Care;
- Howard K. Fisher, CFM, CFMJ, senior manager of facilities services at SAS; and
- Rodney M. Stevens, CFM, AIA, LEED AP, IFMA Fellow, architect/facility information manager at Pioneer Hi-Bred, a DuPont Business.
They join existing board members José García Cuartero, MIM, managing director of Grupo Cador; Marc S. Liciardello, CFM, MBA, CM, vice president of corporate services at ARAMARK; Helena Ohlsson, CFM, MScA DIPL FM, global facility manager for IKEA Services AB; Paul A. Ratkovic, CFM, FMP, consultant for Agile Oak; and Kathy Roper, CFM, CFMJ, LEED AP, IFMA Fellow, associate professor at the Georgia Institute of Technology’s Building Construction Program.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs