The International Facility Management Association is pleased to announce the formation of its newest chapter, the Trinidad and Tobago Chapter of IFMA in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. The chapter was formed to promote the facility management profession and educational opportunities to IFMA stakeholders throughout the Caribbean island nation and surrounding areas.
The new chapter has successfully identified its leadership for the inaugural term, consisting of a four-person executive board. Tyrel Melville, FMP, manager of facilities maintenance at Delta Dynamics, will serve as the chapter president, while Keith Spencer, CFM, general manager at Servus, will serve as the chapter vice president. Approximately 30 Trinidad and Tobago facility professionals are already members of the new chapter.
“The formation of the Trinidad and Tobago Chapter of IFMA brings welcome credibility to our occupation, and I want to thank everyone at IFMA who made it happen,” said Melville. “Trinidad and Tobago, and by extension the Caribbean region, now has the way paved for professional development, national recognition and the fostering of a sense of community. Locally, facility management is well on its way to becoming a more organized and professional endeavor.”
Former chair of the IFMA board of directors Teena Shouse, CFM, of Facility Engineering Associates formally recognized the Trinidad and Tobago Chapter with a charter certificate during the chapter’s charter meeting last month.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention