The International Facility Management Association is pleased to announce the formation of its newest chapter, the Trinidad and Tobago Chapter of IFMA in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. The chapter was formed to promote the facility management profession and educational opportunities to IFMA stakeholders throughout the Caribbean island nation and surrounding areas.
The new chapter has successfully identified its leadership for the inaugural term, consisting of a four-person executive board. Tyrel Melville, FMP, manager of facilities maintenance at Delta Dynamics, will serve as the chapter president, while Keith Spencer, CFM, general manager at Servus, will serve as the chapter vice president. Approximately 30 Trinidad and Tobago facility professionals are already members of the new chapter.
“The formation of the Trinidad and Tobago Chapter of IFMA brings welcome credibility to our occupation, and I want to thank everyone at IFMA who made it happen,” said Melville. “Trinidad and Tobago, and by extension the Caribbean region, now has the way paved for professional development, national recognition and the fostering of a sense of community. Locally, facility management is well on its way to becoming a more organized and professional endeavor.”
Former chair of the IFMA board of directors Teena Shouse, CFM, of Facility Engineering Associates formally recognized the Trinidad and Tobago Chapter with a charter certificate during the chapter’s charter meeting last month.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management