The International Facility Management Association is pleased to announce the formation of its newest chapter, the Trinidad and Tobago Chapter of IFMA in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. The chapter was formed to promote the facility management profession and educational opportunities to IFMA stakeholders throughout the Caribbean island nation and surrounding areas.
The new chapter has successfully identified its leadership for the inaugural term, consisting of a four-person executive board. Tyrel Melville, FMP, manager of facilities maintenance at Delta Dynamics, will serve as the chapter president, while Keith Spencer, CFM, general manager at Servus, will serve as the chapter vice president. Approximately 30 Trinidad and Tobago facility professionals are already members of the new chapter.
“The formation of the Trinidad and Tobago Chapter of IFMA brings welcome credibility to our occupation, and I want to thank everyone at IFMA who made it happen,” said Melville. “Trinidad and Tobago, and by extension the Caribbean region, now has the way paved for professional development, national recognition and the fostering of a sense of community. Locally, facility management is well on its way to becoming a more organized and professional endeavor.”
Former chair of the IFMA board of directors Teena Shouse, CFM, of Facility Engineering Associates formally recognized the Trinidad and Tobago Chapter with a charter certificate during the chapter’s charter meeting last month.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation