The IFMA Foundation is pleased to announce its 2009-2010 executive committee and board of trustees, which took office earlier this month. Pat W. Turnbull, MA, LEED AP, president of Kayhan International, has been named the new foundation chair, succeeding Melissa Van Hagan, CFM, CFMJ. Members of the IFMA Foundation board of trustees serve a two year term and are tasked with managing the foundation and guiding it in its efforts to serve the facility management profession through education, research, and scholarships.
“It’s very rewarding to contribute to the success of the IFMA Foundation and to work with this dynamic and dedicated board of trustees,” said Turnbull. “In 2009, we will continue to grow the Accredited Degree Programs, launch the International Journal of Facility Management, publish a best practice guide on operating cost efficiency, and produce a series of sustainability ‘how to’ guides.”
Also serving on the IFMA Foundation executive committee are First Vice Chair Pamela Ewton, CFM, of Shell; Secretary/Treasurer Stephen Ballesty of Rider Levett Bucknall; and IFMA President and CEO David J. Brady.
Other members of the IFMA Foundation board of trustees include IFMA Second Vice Chair William A. Rodgers Jr. of GoodCents; Stu Carron of JohnsonDiversey; Jennifer Corbett-Shramo, IFMA Fellow, ICE, of Innovative Cleaning Services; Kathryn L. Lopez, CFM, of CB Richard Ellis; Kris Mayo of Bentley Prince Street; Kent D. Miller, FMP, of The Groundskeeper; Sandra S. Oliver, CFM, of the International Monetary Fund; Roger Peterson of ARAMARK; Andreas Rohregger, FMP, Ph.D. student at the University of Applied Sciences, Kufstein; and Eric Teicholz, IFMA Fellow, of Graphics Systems.
“I feel very fortunate to work with this diverse group of industry professionals,” said IFMA Foundation Executive Director William Rub. “They are committed individuals who volunteer a significant amount of their time and resources in an effort to improve the state of facility management worldwide.”
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts