NEW PRODUCT FLASH: Bird-B-Gone Mist
Bird-B-Gone Mist (patent pending) is a hazing system that releases a fine mist into the air to deter pest birds from large open spaces. This system from Bird-B-Gone can be used in places that are generally hard to treat like airfields, airline hangars, courtyards, landfills, parking lots, or any open spaces where birds are a problem.
The unit distributes methyl anthranilate, a grape extract proven to be effective in repelling pest birds. The extract irritates the birds’ trigeminal nerve and mucous membranes through entry in the eyes, nose, or mouth. Birds do not like the sensation caused by the extract and will take flight from the area.
Methyl anthranilate is a grape extract that naturally occurs in concord grapes and is used for flavoring grape soda and candies. It is a food grade material, and recognized by the FDA as a safe substance. The extract has been used by pest control companies for deterring pest birds and geese for decades.
The Bird-B-Gone Mist hazing unit has an LCD touch screen for programming. From the control unit, users can attach up to 64 misting “drop” units, controlling each one individually. Each Drop station can cover an area of about 6,000-8,000 square feet. Spray units can be set to go off simultaneously or at alternating times. The control panel will keep track of liquid levels, and will notify users when to refill the units.
The nozzle design on the unit provides a verifiable “5 micron particle size,” meaning this system does not leave a residue behind. The nozzles are adjustable, letting users direct the mist toward problem areas.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.