Bird-B-Gone Mist (patent pending) is a hazing system that releases a fine mist into the air to deter pest birds from large open spaces. This system from Bird-B-Gone can be used in places that are generally hard to treat like airfields, airline hangars, courtyards, landfills, parking lots, or any open spaces where birds are a problem.
The unit distributes methyl anthranilate, a grape extract proven to be effective in repelling pest birds. The extract irritates the birds’ trigeminal nerve and mucous membranes through entry in the eyes, nose, or mouth. Birds do not like the sensation caused by the extract and will take flight from the area.
Methyl anthranilate is a grape extract that naturally occurs in concord grapes and is used for flavoring grape soda and candies. It is a food grade material, and recognized by the FDA as a safe substance. The extract has been used by pest control companies for deterring pest birds and geese for decades.
The Bird-B-Gone Mist hazing unit has an LCD touch screen for programming. From the control unit, users can attach up to 64 misting “drop” units, controlling each one individually. Each Drop station can cover an area of about 6,000-8,000 square feet. Spray units can be set to go off simultaneously or at alternating times. The control panel will keep track of liquid levels, and will notify users when to refill the units.
The nozzle design on the unit provides a verifiable “5 micron particle size,” meaning this system does not leave a residue behind. The nozzles are adjustable, letting users direct the mist toward problem areas.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- York Chiller Mobile App
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month