Bird-B-Gone Mist (patent pending) is a hazing system that releases a fine mist into the air to deter pest birds from large open spaces. This system from Bird-B-Gone can be used in places that are generally hard to treat like airfields, airline hangars, courtyards, landfills, parking lots, or any open spaces where birds are a problem.
The unit distributes methyl anthranilate, a grape extract proven to be effective in repelling pest birds. The extract irritates the birds’ trigeminal nerve and mucous membranes through entry in the eyes, nose, or mouth. Birds do not like the sensation caused by the extract and will take flight from the area.
Methyl anthranilate is a grape extract that naturally occurs in concord grapes and is used for flavoring grape soda and candies. It is a food grade material, and recognized by the FDA as a safe substance. The extract has been used by pest control companies for deterring pest birds and geese for decades.
The Bird-B-Gone Mist hazing unit has an LCD touch screen for programming. From the control unit, users can attach up to 64 misting “drop” units, controlling each one individually. Each Drop station can cover an area of about 6,000-8,000 square feet. Spray units can be set to go off simultaneously or at alternating times. The control panel will keep track of liquid levels, and will notify users when to refill the units.
The nozzle design on the unit provides a verifiable “5 micron particle size,” meaning this system does not leave a residue behind. The nozzles are adjustable, letting users direct the mist toward problem areas.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation