Orion Energy Systems Inc. has developed intelligent occupancy sensor technology designed to save energy while enhancing lamp and ballast longevity. Able to be integrated with existing fixtures, InteLite® occupancy sensors collect data regarding the presence of people who routinely move through a space during a 24 hour period. The sensors have the ability to adapt the lighting schedule based on this intelligence and to adjust the settings of each fixture automatically to stay on longer or turn off sooner.
The sensor technology also features an adjustable field of view, allowing users to change the direction the sensor focuses, increasing its reliability to turn on when needed.
The InteLite® occupancy sensor technology is a new addition to Orion’s Phase II InteLite® family of products. When the sensors are used in conjunction with Orion’s InteLite® control system, facility personnel can control, monitor, and adjust the settings of each light fixture remotely. The system also includes technology that measures and verifies energy savings.
In a project completed recently, the actual cost to operate the lighting system was reduced from $285 per high-intensity discharge fixture to $44 per fixture a year when the occupancy sensor was used with Orion’s Compact Modular™ lighting platform and InteLite® control system.
Orion is deploying these advanced occupancy sensors at facilities for PepsiAmericas and Sysco Foods as well as other commercial and industrial customers.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management