Orion Energy Systems Inc. has developed intelligent occupancy sensor technology designed to save energy while enhancing lamp and ballast longevity. Able to be integrated with existing fixtures, InteLite® occupancy sensors collect data regarding the presence of people who routinely move through a space during a 24 hour period. The sensors have the ability to adapt the lighting schedule based on this intelligence and to adjust the settings of each fixture automatically to stay on longer or turn off sooner.
The sensor technology also features an adjustable field of view, allowing users to change the direction the sensor focuses, increasing its reliability to turn on when needed.
The InteLite® occupancy sensor technology is a new addition to Orion’s Phase II InteLite® family of products. When the sensors are used in conjunction with Orion’s InteLite® control system, facility personnel can control, monitor, and adjust the settings of each light fixture remotely. The system also includes technology that measures and verifies energy savings.
In a project completed recently, the actual cost to operate the lighting system was reduced from $285 per high-intensity discharge fixture to $44 per fixture a year when the occupancy sensor was used with Orion’s Compact Modular™ lighting platform and InteLite® control system.
Orion is deploying these advanced occupancy sensors at facilities for PepsiAmericas and Sysco Foods as well as other commercial and industrial customers.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention