NEW PRODUCT FLASH: TRACTION TREAD™ GLOW
TRACTION TREAD GLOW stair nosings are recommended for high traffic installations demanding maximum non-slip safety. Part of ZERO International’s Photoluminescent Exit Marking System, the TRACTION TREAD GLOW product is designed to help guide facility occupants during evacuations in darkness, smoke and crowds.
The non-slip stair nosings have profiled grooves with rubber or epoxy inserts to provide durable, attractive surfaces that do not collect dirt or water. The photoluminescent strips are integrated in the outer four grooves along stair edges. Available in standard aluminum finish, they are designed for cutting and drilling on-site. This can provide an aesthetic solution to ADA requirements for detectable warnings on stairs and hazardous surfaces.
ZERO International’s photoluminescent products provide the marking systems and signage needed to comply with the demanding codes and standards for photoluminescent exit path markings. For instance, the company’s signs and marking systems satisfy New York City’s Building Code Standard RS 6-1/1A to facilitate safe emergency exits during building evacuations when power and back up power systems have failed.
The NYC standard calls for photoluminescence both in directional signs pointing to exits and in markings showing outlines of egress paths, stairs, handrails, and obstacles. These signs and markings must be placed close to the floor to allow visibility in smoke and crowded, as well as dark, conditions. Mandated signs and markings are required in both new and existing high-rises.
All ZERO marking systems and signs feature aluminum backing and/or foam tape for adhesion to brick and other uneven surfaces found in many buildings. The marking systems can also be mechanically fastened, if preferred.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ