TRACTION TREAD GLOW stair nosings are recommended for high traffic installations demanding maximum non-slip safety. Part of ZERO International’s Photoluminescent Exit Marking System, the TRACTION TREAD GLOW product is designed to help guide facility occupants during evacuations in darkness, smoke and crowds.
The non-slip stair nosings have profiled grooves with rubber or epoxy inserts to provide durable, attractive surfaces that do not collect dirt or water. The photoluminescent strips are integrated in the outer four grooves along stair edges. Available in standard aluminum finish, they are designed for cutting and drilling on-site. This can provide an aesthetic solution to ADA requirements for detectable warnings on stairs and hazardous surfaces.
ZERO International’s photoluminescent products provide the marking systems and signage needed to comply with the demanding codes and standards for photoluminescent exit path markings. For instance, the company’s signs and marking systems satisfy New York City’s Building Code Standard RS 6-1/1A to facilitate safe emergency exits during building evacuations when power and back up power systems have failed.
The NYC standard calls for photoluminescence both in directional signs pointing to exits and in markings showing outlines of egress paths, stairs, handrails, and obstacles. These signs and markings must be placed close to the floor to allow visibility in smoke and crowded, as well as dark, conditions. Mandated signs and markings are required in both new and existing high-rises.
All ZERO marking systems and signs feature aluminum backing and/or foam tape for adhesion to brick and other uneven surfaces found in many buildings. The marking systems can also be mechanically fastened, if preferred.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Energy, Water Conservation Measures Planned For Kentucky Prisons