Facility management associations around the world will recognize the contributions facility management makes to the workplace as they celebrate the first ever World FM Day on 28 August, 2009. Global Facility Management Association (Global FM) member organizations will hold public events on five different continents to bring attention to the important role facility management plays in the business world and in promoting environmental sustainability.
With businesses increasingly occupying complex buildings, facing greater cost pressures and responding to calls for better stewardship of the Earth’s resources, professional facility management has emerged as the best way to establish adaptability, flexibility and sustainability within the built environment. World FM Day will highlight facility management’s role as a critical, strategic business discipline that makes real contributions to an organisation’s success.
World FM Day activities will include governmental partnerships, networking events, award presentations, luncheons, video presentations, social media campaigns and more, all with the goal of raising the profile of the facility management profession worldwide.
“I am pleased to see the first-ever World FM day taking shape, with our members organizing local events in France, the U.K., Hungary, the U.S., Australia, Switzerland, South Africa and Brazil,” said Global FM Chairman Steve Gladwin. “World FM day is a great example of how Global FM is advancing facility management around the globe. Each local event will enable our members to demonstrate the objectives and progress of facility management and how critical it is as a strategic business discipline. Moreover, we will be able to showcase the ideals of facility management, not only within the profession and industry, but also to governments and the general public.”
International associations including the Associação Brasileira de Facilities (ABRAFAC), the Association des Directeurs et Responsables de Services Généraux (ARSEG), the Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE), the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM), the Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA Australia), FM-ARENA, the Hungarian Facility Management Society (HFMS), the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) and the South African Facilities Management Association (SAFMA) will hold public events in Australia, Brazil, South Africa, the U.S. and in countries throughout Europe.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security