Facility management associations around the world will recognize the contributions facility management makes to the workplace as they celebrate the first ever World FM Day on 28 August, 2009. Global Facility Management Association (Global FM) member organizations will hold public events on five different continents to bring attention to the important role facility management plays in the business world and in promoting environmental sustainability.
With businesses increasingly occupying complex buildings, facing greater cost pressures and responding to calls for better stewardship of the Earth’s resources, professional facility management has emerged as the best way to establish adaptability, flexibility and sustainability within the built environment. World FM Day will highlight facility management’s role as a critical, strategic business discipline that makes real contributions to an organisation’s success.
World FM Day activities will include governmental partnerships, networking events, award presentations, luncheons, video presentations, social media campaigns and more, all with the goal of raising the profile of the facility management profession worldwide.
“I am pleased to see the first-ever World FM day taking shape, with our members organizing local events in France, the U.K., Hungary, the U.S., Australia, Switzerland, South Africa and Brazil,” said Global FM Chairman Steve Gladwin. “World FM day is a great example of how Global FM is advancing facility management around the globe. Each local event will enable our members to demonstrate the objectives and progress of facility management and how critical it is as a strategic business discipline. Moreover, we will be able to showcase the ideals of facility management, not only within the profession and industry, but also to governments and the general public.”
International associations including the Associação Brasileira de Facilities (ABRAFAC), the Association des Directeurs et Responsables de Services Généraux (ARSEG), the Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE), the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM), the Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA Australia), FM-ARENA, the Hungarian Facility Management Society (HFMS), the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) and the South African Facilities Management Association (SAFMA) will hold public events in Australia, Brazil, South Africa, the U.S. and in countries throughout Europe.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices