Ferraz Shawmut, a maker of circuit protection products for industry and the electrical market, is challenging industry members to test their knowledge of Arc Flash Hazards with its newest online Protection Intelligence Quotient (P.IQ) quiz. Participants can access the quiz online. Each month through the end of 2009, three winners receive a $100 gas card. (No purchase is necessary to enter.)
The monetary cost of a single arc flash incident can exceed a million dollars per incident, including medical expenses and the cost of equipment replacement, downtime, and insurance, according to Ferraz Shawmut. “The explosive energy of an arcing fault sends more than 2,000 workers to burn centers every year. In most cases, these could have been prevented with the proper knowledge of arc flash hazards & prevention,” says Stephen Colvin, vice president of marketing at the company.
The Arc Flash Hazards topic is the third quiz Ferraz Shawmut has had online this year. The first addressed solar power circuit protection, and the other tested knowledge on overvoltage protection. Archived versions of the tests are available at http://us.ferrazshawmut.com/PIQarchive.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- DCIM For Facility Management