Arc Flash Hazards Quiz
Ferraz Shawmut, a maker of circuit protection products for industry and the electrical market, is challenging industry members to test their knowledge of Arc Flash Hazards with its newest online Protection Intelligence Quotient (P.IQ) quiz. Participants can access the quiz online. Each month through the end of 2009, three winners receive a $100 gas card. (No purchase is necessary to enter.)
The monetary cost of a single arc flash incident can exceed a million dollars per incident, including medical expenses and the cost of equipment replacement, downtime, and insurance, according to Ferraz Shawmut. “The explosive energy of an arcing fault sends more than 2,000 workers to burn centers every year. In most cases, these could have been prevented with the proper knowledge of arc flash hazards & prevention,” says Stephen Colvin, vice president of marketing at the company.
The Arc Flash Hazards topic is the third quiz Ferraz Shawmut has had online this year. The first addressed solar power circuit protection, and the other tested knowledge on overvoltage protection. Archived versions of the tests are available at http://us.ferrazshawmut.com/PIQarchive.
You might like:
- New Service Spotlight: Attune Energy Dashboard by E-Mon
- From Where I Sit: RIP Dilbert
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- WEIRD WEDNESDAY: Lost In Space
- FM Issue: Managing Security Services
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions