While particle and gaseous contamination resulting from dust and dirt can lead to unexpected shutdowns of critical IT equipment, the connection between contamination and hardware failures is often overlooked. A new book from ASHRAE provides basic information essential to the control and prevention of particulate and gaseous contamination in datacom facilities. Particulate and Gaseous Contamination in Datacom Environments identifies datacom equipment susceptibility and operational impact, strategies for prevention and control, as well as contamination testing and analysis.
“Any installation planning checklist for datacom environments typically includes power, cooling, and structural criteria,” said the author Joe Prisco, a member of ASHRAE’s technical committee on mission control facilities, technology spaces, and electronic equipment. “Contamination criteria can now be added. The guidance in this book is crucial for maintaining a high level of IT equipment dependability and availability.”
Prisco noted that as IT equipment shrinks in size, resulting in smaller components and less physical space between them, the risk of contamination grows.
The book is part of the ASHRAE Datacom Series, developed to provide a more comprehensive treatment of datacom cooling and related subjects. The cost of Particulate and Gaseous Contamination in Datacom Environments is $54 (ASHRAE members, $46). It is available from the ASHRAE bookstore.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?