Carlisle SynTec, a manufacturer of single-ply roofing materials, has introduced OctaGuard XT, a new weathering package for all of its Sure-Weld TPO roofing membranes. OctaGuard XT is comprised of eight performance enhancing ingredients with three heat stabilizing antioxidants, three UV light stabilizers, and organic and inorganic UV absorbers that help protect Carlisle’s Sure-Weld TPO membranes and dramatically improve their ability to resist deterioration due to the effects of weather.
Test results show this new technology significantly improves Sure-Weld’s weather protection capabilities. TPO membrane samples from five manufacturers, including Carlisle, were subjected to accelerated heat aging tests by an independent testing laboratory to evaluate the impact of heat on the materials. The samples were removed from the heat upon showing signs of cracking or were proven unable to perform to waterproofing specifications. In these tests, Carlisle’s Sure-Weld TPO membranes outperformed all competitive products by as much as 300%.
A combination of Carlisle’s state-of-the-art TPO formulation and OctaGuard XT creates a smoother top surface designed to resist dirt, debris, mildew, and bacteria build-up. A cleaner, more solar reflective membrane is now possible throughout the life of a roof, and Carlisle will back it with a reflectivity warranty.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- DCIM For Facility Management
- ISEA Seeking Input For Revision Of High-Visibility Worker Apparel Standard