Carlisle SynTec, a manufacturer of single-ply roofing materials, has introduced OctaGuard XT, a new weathering package for all of its Sure-Weld TPO roofing membranes. OctaGuard XT is comprised of eight performance enhancing ingredients with three heat stabilizing antioxidants, three UV light stabilizers, and organic and inorganic UV absorbers that help protect Carlisle’s Sure-Weld TPO membranes and dramatically improve their ability to resist deterioration due to the effects of weather.
Test results show this new technology significantly improves Sure-Weld’s weather protection capabilities. TPO membrane samples from five manufacturers, including Carlisle, were subjected to accelerated heat aging tests by an independent testing laboratory to evaluate the impact of heat on the materials. The samples were removed from the heat upon showing signs of cracking or were proven unable to perform to waterproofing specifications. In these tests, Carlisle’s Sure-Weld TPO membranes outperformed all competitive products by as much as 300%.
A combination of Carlisle’s state-of-the-art TPO formulation and OctaGuard XT creates a smoother top surface designed to resist dirt, debris, mildew, and bacteria build-up. A cleaner, more solar reflective membrane is now possible throughout the life of a roof, and Carlisle will back it with a reflectivity warranty.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation