Carlisle SynTec, a manufacturer of single-ply roofing materials, has introduced OctaGuard XT, a new weathering package for all of its Sure-Weld TPO roofing membranes. OctaGuard XT is comprised of eight performance enhancing ingredients with three heat stabilizing antioxidants, three UV light stabilizers, and organic and inorganic UV absorbers that help protect Carlisle’s Sure-Weld TPO membranes and dramatically improve their ability to resist deterioration due to the effects of weather.
Test results show this new technology significantly improves Sure-Weld’s weather protection capabilities. TPO membrane samples from five manufacturers, including Carlisle, were subjected to accelerated heat aging tests by an independent testing laboratory to evaluate the impact of heat on the materials. The samples were removed from the heat upon showing signs of cracking or were proven unable to perform to waterproofing specifications. In these tests, Carlisle’s Sure-Weld TPO membranes outperformed all competitive products by as much as 300%.
A combination of Carlisle’s state-of-the-art TPO formulation and OctaGuard XT creates a smoother top surface designed to resist dirt, debris, mildew, and bacteria build-up. A cleaner, more solar reflective membrane is now possible throughout the life of a roof, and Carlisle will back it with a reflectivity warranty.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects