Carlisle SynTec, a manufacturer of single-ply roofing materials, has introduced OctaGuard XT, a new weathering package for all of its Sure-Weld TPO roofing membranes. OctaGuard XT is comprised of eight performance enhancing ingredients with three heat stabilizing antioxidants, three UV light stabilizers, and organic and inorganic UV absorbers that help protect Carlisle’s Sure-Weld TPO membranes and dramatically improve their ability to resist deterioration due to the effects of weather.
Test results show this new technology significantly improves Sure-Weld’s weather protection capabilities. TPO membrane samples from five manufacturers, including Carlisle, were subjected to accelerated heat aging tests by an independent testing laboratory to evaluate the impact of heat on the materials. The samples were removed from the heat upon showing signs of cracking or were proven unable to perform to waterproofing specifications. In these tests, Carlisle’s Sure-Weld TPO membranes outperformed all competitive products by as much as 300%.
A combination of Carlisle’s state-of-the-art TPO formulation and OctaGuard XT creates a smoother top surface designed to resist dirt, debris, mildew, and bacteria build-up. A cleaner, more solar reflective membrane is now possible throughout the life of a roof, and Carlisle will back it with a reflectivity warranty.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management