Carlisle SynTec, a manufacturer of single-ply roofing materials, has introduced OctaGuard XT, a new weathering package for all of its Sure-Weld TPO roofing membranes. OctaGuard XT is comprised of eight performance enhancing ingredients with three heat stabilizing antioxidants, three UV light stabilizers, and organic and inorganic UV absorbers that help protect Carlisle’s Sure-Weld TPO membranes and dramatically improve their ability to resist deterioration due to the effects of weather.
Test results show this new technology significantly improves Sure-Weld’s weather protection capabilities. TPO membrane samples from five manufacturers, including Carlisle, were subjected to accelerated heat aging tests by an independent testing laboratory to evaluate the impact of heat on the materials. The samples were removed from the heat upon showing signs of cracking or were proven unable to perform to waterproofing specifications. In these tests, Carlisle’s Sure-Weld TPO membranes outperformed all competitive products by as much as 300%.
A combination of Carlisle’s state-of-the-art TPO formulation and OctaGuard XT creates a smoother top surface designed to resist dirt, debris, mildew, and bacteria build-up. A cleaner, more solar reflective membrane is now possible throughout the life of a roof, and Carlisle will back it with a reflectivity warranty.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention