NEW PRODUCT FLASH: RPM10 Tachometer
Extech Instruments, a supplier of test and measurement equipment for the industrial marketplace has introduced a new photo/contact tachometer, Model RPM10. This device includes a built-in, non-contact InfraRed (IR) thermometer with laser pointer that provides surface temperature measurements ranging from -4 to 572 degrees Farenheit (-20 to 300 degrees Celsius) in locations that are unsafe or hard to reach.
The RPM10 features a 6:1 field of view, allowing a 1” spot to be measured at a distance of 6”. Combining IR temperature with RPM measurement, the RPM10 is a maintenance tool for evaluating motor performance and detecting bearings or insulation failures.
In the photo mode, Extech’s RPM10 uses a laser light source and measures 10 to 99,999 rpm from up to 6.5’ from the target. In the contact mode, it measures from 0.5 to 20,000 rpm, while linear surface speed measurements range from 0.2 to 6560 ft/min, and 0.05 to 1999.9 m/min. Measurements are accurate to 0.05% with max resolution of 0.1 rpm in either the photo or contact mode.
The characters in the display change direction so that the readings can be seen no matter which end of the tachometer is being used. Readings are displayed on a large, easy-to-read LCD, and the memory stores the last maximum and minimum readings.
The rugged RPM10 is constructed with a soft, ergonomically designed double molded housing and comes complete with tips and wheels for rpm or linear surface speed, four 1.5V AA batteries, reflective tape, a rubber boot, and a carrying case.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.