NEW PRODUCT FLASH: Tierra By Armstrong
This spring, Armstrong Ceilings introduced Tierra, a rapidly renewable acoustical ceiling. This new addition to the Armstrong line features an exclusive BioAcoustic™ substrate made from jute, a natural fiber that grows from seed to harvest in 90 days.
Installation of the new panels in an Armstrong high recycled content suspension system maximizes the ceiling system’s environmental benefits. As a result of its jute substrate, Tierra has the highest rapidly renewable content in the industry at 45%, contributing to LEED® MR 6 credit. It is also recyclable at the end of its service life through the Armstrong Ceiling Recycling Program, and has a high post-consumer recycled content of 23%, contributing to LEED MR 4.1, 4.2 credits. In addition, Tierra has attained Cradle to Cradle™ Silver certification from MBDC. Cradle to Cradle Product Certification evaluates a product for human and environmental impact throughout its life cycle.
To enhance the acoustical environment within a space, the panels have a high Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) of 0.85. They also have a high Light Reflectance (LR) value of 0.88, and when used in conjunction with indirect lighting systems, can reduce the energy required for lighting. The new natural fiber ceiling also features no-added formaldehyde, a Class A fire rating, and humidity resistant HumiGuard® properties to reduce the possibility of sagging. Initially offered in 2’x2′ and 2’x4′ lay-in panels, Tierra ceilings install in acoustical ceiling suspension systems just like traditional mineral fiber or fiberglass ceilings panels.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices