This spring, Armstrong Ceilings introduced Tierra, a rapidly renewable acoustical ceiling. This new addition to the Armstrong line features an exclusive BioAcoustic™ substrate made from jute, a natural fiber that grows from seed to harvest in 90 days.
Installation of the new panels in an Armstrong high recycled content suspension system maximizes the ceiling system’s environmental benefits. As a result of its jute substrate, Tierra has the highest rapidly renewable content in the industry at 45%, contributing to LEED® MR 6 credit. It is also recyclable at the end of its service life through the Armstrong Ceiling Recycling Program, and has a high post-consumer recycled content of 23%, contributing to LEED MR 4.1, 4.2 credits. In addition, Tierra has attained Cradle to Cradle™ Silver certification from MBDC. Cradle to Cradle Product Certification evaluates a product for human and environmental impact throughout its life cycle.
To enhance the acoustical environment within a space, the panels have a high Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) of 0.85. They also have a high Light Reflectance (LR) value of 0.88, and when used in conjunction with indirect lighting systems, can reduce the energy required for lighting. The new natural fiber ceiling also features no-added formaldehyde, a Class A fire rating, and humidity resistant HumiGuard® properties to reduce the possibility of sagging. Initially offered in 2’x2′ and 2’x4′ lay-in panels, Tierra ceilings install in acoustical ceiling suspension systems just like traditional mineral fiber or fiberglass ceilings panels.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation