This spring, Armstrong Ceilings introduced Tierra, a rapidly renewable acoustical ceiling. This new addition to the Armstrong line features an exclusive BioAcoustic™ substrate made from jute, a natural fiber that grows from seed to harvest in 90 days.
Installation of the new panels in an Armstrong high recycled content suspension system maximizes the ceiling system’s environmental benefits. As a result of its jute substrate, Tierra has the highest rapidly renewable content in the industry at 45%, contributing to LEED® MR 6 credit. It is also recyclable at the end of its service life through the Armstrong Ceiling Recycling Program, and has a high post-consumer recycled content of 23%, contributing to LEED MR 4.1, 4.2 credits. In addition, Tierra has attained Cradle to Cradle™ Silver certification from MBDC. Cradle to Cradle Product Certification evaluates a product for human and environmental impact throughout its life cycle.
To enhance the acoustical environment within a space, the panels have a high Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) of 0.85. They also have a high Light Reflectance (LR) value of 0.88, and when used in conjunction with indirect lighting systems, can reduce the energy required for lighting. The new natural fiber ceiling also features no-added formaldehyde, a Class A fire rating, and humidity resistant HumiGuard® properties to reduce the possibility of sagging. Initially offered in 2’x2′ and 2’x4′ lay-in panels, Tierra ceilings install in acoustical ceiling suspension systems just like traditional mineral fiber or fiberglass ceilings panels.
You might like:
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Did You Miss “Facilities Management Challenges And Opportunities In 2016” Webinar?