Penn State Expands Wi-Fi
With the fall semester set to begin, AT&T is working with Penn State to expand wireless broadband access to visitors on more than 23 campuses and University locations with AT&T Wi-Fi service. Under a new three-year contract, visitors coming to these 23 Penn State campuses will now be able to access the Internet from any Wi-Fi enabled device.
AT&T has begun rolling out Wi-Fi service to Penn State’s campuses, starting with University Park and Altoona. Prospective students, parents, conference attendees, and other visitors will be able to access AT&T’s Wi-Fi network and connect to the Internet while on campus from their mobile devices or laptops. Visitors will have unlimited access if they are an AT&T customer with a service plan that includes Wi-Fi, or they will have the option of all-day access for $5.99 per day.
“While most universities today only offer Internet services for authorized students, staff, and faculty, we recognized an increasing need among visitors for wireless Internet access on campus and wanted to make the service available to everyone,” said Jeff Reel, an Information Technology Services director at Penn State. “Whether it’s a prospective student, a visiting parent, or any other campus visitor who needs an instant Internet connection, anyone can now use AT&T Wi-Fi to stay connected on our campuses.”
Once the campus Wi-Fi networks are deployed, AT&T Wi-Fi Services will provide ongoing support for the University with 24/7 network monitoring, along with repair, maintenance, and call center support.
In addition to the Wi-Fi deployment, AT&T recently expanded 3G mobile broadband wireless coverage in and around State College. Since 2008, more than 30 cell sites in the area have been upgraded with 3G technology to help address the growing demand for advanced wireless data products and services as more and more people’s lives become increasingly mobile.
Photo Credit: Penn State Department of Public Information
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.