With the fall semester set to begin, AT&T is working with Penn State to expand wireless broadband access to visitors on more than 23 campuses and University locations with AT&T Wi-Fi service. Under a new three-year contract, visitors coming to these 23 Penn State campuses will now be able to access the Internet from any Wi-Fi enabled device.
AT&T has begun rolling out Wi-Fi service to Penn State’s campuses, starting with University Park and Altoona. Prospective students, parents, conference attendees, and other visitors will be able to access AT&T’s Wi-Fi network and connect to the Internet while on campus from their mobile devices or laptops. Visitors will have unlimited access if they are an AT&T customer with a service plan that includes Wi-Fi, or they will have the option of all-day access for $5.99 per day.
“While most universities today only offer Internet services for authorized students, staff, and faculty, we recognized an increasing need among visitors for wireless Internet access on campus and wanted to make the service available to everyone,” said Jeff Reel, an Information Technology Services director at Penn State. “Whether it’s a prospective student, a visiting parent, or any other campus visitor who needs an instant Internet connection, anyone can now use AT&T Wi-Fi to stay connected on our campuses.”
Once the campus Wi-Fi networks are deployed, AT&T Wi-Fi Services will provide ongoing support for the University with 24/7 network monitoring, along with repair, maintenance, and call center support.
In addition to the Wi-Fi deployment, AT&T recently expanded 3G mobile broadband wireless coverage in and around State College. Since 2008, more than 30 cell sites in the area have been upgraded with 3G technology to help address the growing demand for advanced wireless data products and services as more and more people’s lives become increasingly mobile.
Photo Credit: Penn State Department of Public Information
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts