A recently released report by J.D. Power and Associates, the 2009 North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index Study, showed, among other things, that green hotels made great strides in awareness, guest satisfaction and participation in sustainable programs since the previous reporting period in 2008.
For their report, J.D. Power surveyed over 66,000 guests who stayed in North American hotels between May of 2008 and June of 2009. Here are some notable findings about green lodging taken directly from the release:
• Guest awareness of their hotel’s green programs increased significantly in 2009. Sixty-six percent of guests said they were aware of their hotel’s conservation efforts, up from 57 percent last year.
• A high percentage of guests took part in their hotel’s sustainability efforts. Among those guests who were aware of the green program, 72 percent said they participated in their hotel’s conservation programs during their stay, meaning they recycled or participated in the property’s linen reuse program, for example.
• Awareness of green programs had a strong impact on overall guest satisfaction. On average, satisfaction is more than 160 points higher among guests who report being aware of their hotel’s green programs, compared with guests who are unaware of them.
In a nutshell, this study shows that green hospitality has finally taken a firm hold in the industry, and that overall it is being done well. Eco hotels’ efforts are starting to reap dividends, not only for the environment but also for the bottom line.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention