A recently released report by J.D. Power and Associates, the 2009 North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index Study, showed, among other things, that green hotels made great strides in awareness, guest satisfaction and participation in sustainable programs since the previous reporting period in 2008.
For their report, J.D. Power surveyed over 66,000 guests who stayed in North American hotels between May of 2008 and June of 2009. Here are some notable findings about green lodging taken directly from the release:
• Guest awareness of their hotel’s green programs increased significantly in 2009. Sixty-six percent of guests said they were aware of their hotel’s conservation efforts, up from 57 percent last year.
• A high percentage of guests took part in their hotel’s sustainability efforts. Among those guests who were aware of the green program, 72 percent said they participated in their hotel’s conservation programs during their stay, meaning they recycled or participated in the property’s linen reuse program, for example.
• Awareness of green programs had a strong impact on overall guest satisfaction. On average, satisfaction is more than 160 points higher among guests who report being aware of their hotel’s green programs, compared with guests who are unaware of them.
In a nutshell, this study shows that green hospitality has finally taken a firm hold in the industry, and that overall it is being done well. Eco hotels’ efforts are starting to reap dividends, not only for the environment but also for the bottom line.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades