Report Shows Hotel Guests Prefer Green
A recently released report by J.D. Power and Associates, the 2009 North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index Study, showed, among other things, that green hotels made great strides in awareness, guest satisfaction and participation in sustainable programs since the previous reporting period in 2008.
For their report, J.D. Power surveyed over 66,000 guests who stayed in North American hotels between May of 2008 and June of 2009. Here are some notable findings about green lodging taken directly from the release:
• Guest awareness of their hotel’s green programs increased significantly in 2009. Sixty-six percent of guests said they were aware of their hotel’s conservation efforts, up from 57 percent last year.
• A high percentage of guests took part in their hotel’s sustainability efforts. Among those guests who were aware of the green program, 72 percent said they participated in their hotel’s conservation programs during their stay, meaning they recycled or participated in the property’s linen reuse program, for example.
• Awareness of green programs had a strong impact on overall guest satisfaction. On average, satisfaction is more than 160 points higher among guests who report being aware of their hotel’s green programs, compared with guests who are unaware of them.
In a nutshell, this study shows that green hospitality has finally taken a firm hold in the industry, and that overall it is being done well. Eco hotels’ efforts are starting to reap dividends, not only for the environment but also for the bottom line.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management