Tecta America Corp. has announced the winners of its 4th annual scholarship awards. Named after two of Tecta’s founding members, the Don McNamara and John Miller awards are given to the sons and daughters of Tecta employees. This year, 36 scholarships were awarded, which includes 16 new awards along with scholarship renewals.
This year’s highest honor, the Don McNamara Award, was given to three students:
- Rachel Hufsey, daughter of Kristen Hufsey, an employee of Murton Roofing. She is a senior at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, FL.
- Alison Peymann, daughter of Brian Peymann, an employee at Schwickert’s. Alison is a freshman at Augustana College in Sioux Falls, SD.
- Beth Calvanese, daughter of Carl Calvanese, an employee of J.P. Patti. Beth is a Freshman at Ramapo College in Mahwah, NJ.
“We believe wholeheartedly in education and we are thrilled to have such exemplary students benefiting from the Tecta scholarship program. Their futures are looking bright and we are happy to help assist them in their academic endeavors,” said Mark Santacrose, CEO and President of Tecta America.
John Miller currently serves as the director of Tecta America and was the original chairman of Tecta America Corp. Don McNamara was chairman at F.J.A. Christiansen, one of the original Tecta America companies. Both men are elated that awards in their name continue to have a positive effect on the families of Tecta employees.
Academic performance, financial need, and letters of recommendation were factored into the allotment process. Each recipient may receive an award up to $5,000 per year for a maximum of four years at an accredited university, college, junior college, or trade school. The scholarship is renewable on an annual basis as long as the student continues to meet the academic and financial requirements of the award and the parent or guardian remains employed by Tecta America.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention