Tecta America Corp. has announced the winners of its 4th annual scholarship awards. Named after two of Tecta’s founding members, the Don McNamara and John Miller awards are given to the sons and daughters of Tecta employees. This year, 36 scholarships were awarded, which includes 16 new awards along with scholarship renewals.
This year’s highest honor, the Don McNamara Award, was given to three students:
- Rachel Hufsey, daughter of Kristen Hufsey, an employee of Murton Roofing. She is a senior at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, FL.
- Alison Peymann, daughter of Brian Peymann, an employee at Schwickert’s. Alison is a freshman at Augustana College in Sioux Falls, SD.
- Beth Calvanese, daughter of Carl Calvanese, an employee of J.P. Patti. Beth is a Freshman at Ramapo College in Mahwah, NJ.
“We believe wholeheartedly in education and we are thrilled to have such exemplary students benefiting from the Tecta scholarship program. Their futures are looking bright and we are happy to help assist them in their academic endeavors,” said Mark Santacrose, CEO and President of Tecta America.
John Miller currently serves as the director of Tecta America and was the original chairman of Tecta America Corp. Don McNamara was chairman at F.J.A. Christiansen, one of the original Tecta America companies. Both men are elated that awards in their name continue to have a positive effect on the families of Tecta employees.
Academic performance, financial need, and letters of recommendation were factored into the allotment process. Each recipient may receive an award up to $5,000 per year for a maximum of four years at an accredited university, college, junior college, or trade school. The scholarship is renewable on an annual basis as long as the student continues to meet the academic and financial requirements of the award and the parent or guardian remains employed by Tecta America.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects