By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the August 2009 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q I am looking for a Scope of Work (SOW) on MGE UPS systems as well as a maintenance contractor on UPS systems.
Montreal, PQ Canada
A I found a UPS Preventive Maintenance Scope of Work document from MGE UPS Systems. Basically, it outlines what should be done to the UPS system during the maintenance check. MGE also offers a maintenance program on its products. You can review the options available at this link.
As far as maintenance contractors, MGE has factory authorized technicians available around the world. You may wish to contact them at 800-438-7373.
The Quebec Better Business Bureau also has an online directory of contractors available. You may be able to find one familiar with the MGE products. You can search it online here.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades