At the Rancho Bernardo Inn Golf Resort & Spa in San Diego, CA, the management team is offering a “Survivor Package” to attract would-be guests who may be dealing with lower than usual vacation budgets. Through September 17, 2009, the property (which has been recognized with 12 Gold Key Awards, 18 Executive Choice Awards, 18 Mobil Four Star Resort Awards and 32 AAA Four Diamond Resort Awards) is offering this package for as low as $19 per night.
There is a catch, however. That $19 per night will not get you a bed, or toiletries, or linens, or even lights (except for a bulb in the bathroom for safety). As reported by Reuters, one family checked into the upscale resort toting flashlights, sleeping bags, and an inflatable mattress. By depriving themselves of such standard fare as beds and lights, they were able to get their room for under $20 per night. Not bad, although it must take some work to strip down the room item by item to fit guests’ “choice” of amenities. Where are they storing all those beds?
The sliding scale at the Rancho Bernardo Inn reads like so:
- $219 per night (all amenities included)
- $199 without breakfast
- $179 without honor bar
- $159 without A/C or heat
- $139 without pillows
- $109 without sheets
- $89 without lights
- $59 without linens
- $39 without toiletries
- $19 without bed
You might like:
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Did You Miss “Facilities Management Challenges And Opportunities In 2016” Webinar?