IFMA Awards Highest Honor to OSCRE CEO
In late August 2009, the Open Standards Consortium for Real Estate (OSCRE), a non-profit standards development organization for the real property supply chain, announced the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) has awarded OSCRE CEO Andy Fuhrman its highest honor and designation of IFMA Fellow. Fuhrman has been a member of IFMA since 1993.
The Fellows program was established by IFMA in 1992 to recognize members who have distinguished themselves by a lifetime of achievement in and around IFMA and the field of facility management. The Fellowship is the highest honor bestowed by the Association.
Examples of Mr. Fuhrman’s accomplishments include:
- Exhibiting outstanding leadership and service within IFMA contributing at the Council, Chapter, and Headquarters level;
- Establishing the OSCRE organization for the creation of interoperable data exchange standards for the real estate industry, both domestically and internationally;
- Writing facility management related articles and white papers for several real estate publications (including an upcoming article in Today’s Facility Manager);
- Developing methodologies for data collection, processing, reporting, analytics, and data exchange for strategic, operational, and tactical business processes for the practice of facilities management, commercial/corporate/public sector real estate;
- Co-founding the Virtual Builders Roundtable whose members paved the way in the use of 3D/4D/5D modeling and related business processes resulting in and documenting tangible benefits and ROI which helped launch the Building Information Modeling (BIM) revolution;
- Co-developing the Silicon Valley’s Smart Permitting program designed to streamline the building permit process/plan review process and to ensure leading high-tech businesses remain in Silicon Valley to maintain high quality of life issues by providing jobs and tax base that supports the regions infrastructure;
- Being recognized by CoreNet Global as a Luminary Award winner presented to the top 10% of its speakers and educators; and
- Acting as an industry leader in developing and use of CAD/CAFM/IWMS/CMMS technologies for private and public sector facilities management.
To date, only 79 industry professionals have been recognized as IFMA Fellows; Fellows are added each year only if there are qualified, distinguished candidates. Fuhrman is now a member of the elite core of Fellows representing the most esteemed facility management professionals, distinguished authors, prolific academicians, and leading facility management visionaries.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?