In late August 2009, the Open Standards Consortium for Real Estate (OSCRE), a non-profit standards development organization for the real property supply chain, announced the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) has awarded OSCRE CEO Andy Fuhrman its highest honor and designation of IFMA Fellow. Fuhrman has been a member of IFMA since 1993.
The Fellows program was established by IFMA in 1992 to recognize members who have distinguished themselves by a lifetime of achievement in and around IFMA and the field of facility management. The Fellowship is the highest honor bestowed by the Association.
Examples of Mr. Fuhrman’s accomplishments include:
- Exhibiting outstanding leadership and service within IFMA contributing at the Council, Chapter, and Headquarters level;
- Establishing the OSCRE organization for the creation of interoperable data exchange standards for the real estate industry, both domestically and internationally;
- Writing facility management related articles and white papers for several real estate publications (including an upcoming article in Today’s Facility Manager);
- Developing methodologies for data collection, processing, reporting, analytics, and data exchange for strategic, operational, and tactical business processes for the practice of facilities management, commercial/corporate/public sector real estate;
- Co-founding the Virtual Builders Roundtable whose members paved the way in the use of 3D/4D/5D modeling and related business processes resulting in and documenting tangible benefits and ROI which helped launch the Building Information Modeling (BIM) revolution;
- Co-developing the Silicon Valley’s Smart Permitting program designed to streamline the building permit process/plan review process and to ensure leading high-tech businesses remain in Silicon Valley to maintain high quality of life issues by providing jobs and tax base that supports the regions infrastructure;
- Being recognized by CoreNet Global as a Luminary Award winner presented to the top 10% of its speakers and educators; and
- Acting as an industry leader in developing and use of CAD/CAFM/IWMS/CMMS technologies for private and public sector facilities management.
To date, only 79 industry professionals have been recognized as IFMA Fellows; Fellows are added each year only if there are qualified, distinguished candidates. Fuhrman is now a member of the elite core of Fellows representing the most esteemed facility management professionals, distinguished authors, prolific academicians, and leading facility management visionaries.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management