The StrionAir System A130 air purification product has been designed to deliver cost performance and high caliber indoor air quality. Traditionally, selecting air filtration systems has been a choice between cost effectiveness and high filtration efficiency.
However, Strion asserts that its A130 product engineers cleaner air without cost penalties, enabling the air purification system to play an important role in achieving building sustainability.
Three performance parameters closed the gap between cost and filtration efficiency. First is a LEED-qualifying MERV 13 filtration efficiency at an initial pressure drop of 0.2” water gauge. That is one-half to one-third that of the nearest competitor. In a filter that loads slowly, pressure drop stays low. StrionAir’s electrically enhanced filtration technology keeps pressure drop lower through the life of the filter. This reduces required fan energy by more than 10%, compared to other filters. The technology can contribute up to three LEED points in the Energy, Indoor Environment, and Innovation categories for commercial buildings.
Second, StrionAir technology extends the effective life of the filter media relative to traditional approaches. Filters require fewer changeouts, reducing replacement costs, maintenance expenditures, and landfill burden.
Third, since the A130 is designed to be changed out at lower ending pressure drop compared to mechanical filtration technologies, engineers can specify smaller overall HVAC system components.
Less pressure drop, longer filter life, and lower energy requirements produce a payback of between two to four years.
In addition to lower operational expenses, the A130 kills the causes of infectious diseases in a way that traditional air filters cannot. It also captures such allergens as pollen, dander, and dust. Independent testing, including at the Centers for Disease Control, shows it kills more than 99% of a range of airborne pathogens.
Its modular design can be configured to fit most air handlers in both new construction and retrofit air handlers. The new A130 optimizes the filtration technology the company has installed in hundreds of buildings as part of other StrionAir products.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Intelligent Restroom App from Kimberly-Clark Professional
- Friday Funny: Park Pissoir Prompts Lawsuit
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Demilec Closed Cell Spray System Insulates Farm-To-Fork Restaurant
- Safety Zone™ Sheet by Armstrong
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Handyclean™ Roll Wipes by Diamond Wipes
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- Fastening Systems For Single Ply Roofing
- FM Alert: Free Fire and Extinguisher Safety Training Course
- Facility Management SOLUTIONS 2016