When they cannot find an “off the shelf” bollard for their facility projects, some industry professionals are turning instead to custom bollards that offer a number of design options.
“For some building projects, the standard, boxy, aluminum bollard post just isn’t right,” says Dave Boehmer, sales engineer for Detroit Door & Hardware. “It can undo the effect the architect or building occupant was aiming for.”
Such was the case when the Adrian Public Library in Adrian, MI underwent a renovation. A typical aluminum bollard post didn’t match its renovation goals. “The library occupants wanted something more custom and durable,” explains Boehmer.
According to Boehmer, the head librarian was able to find the bollard post from Wikk Industries, a designer and manufacturer of automatic door equipment. The company customizes the material, design, finish, switch type, and location of bollard preps and also the dimensions and cap, with multiple preps for add-ons such as intercoms, card readers, and pull stations.
“The custom bollard has a streamlined look that’s more aesthetic than typical boxy units and it’s more functional,” said Boehmer. “With its stainless steel post and satin stainless finish, it’ll withstand Michigan winters much longer than the usual aluminum ones.”
Another option for Wikk bollards is the INGRESS’R switch, an automatic entry door product to be mounted on the bollard. Because the switch is 36” tall by 6” wide with a fully actionable 2-1/2” column, the door can be opened from any height or angle of approach. This was designed to make it easier for users to activate entry into a facility.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices