The Ice-Away Snow Melt mat from Cozy Products is designed to protect against slip-and-fall accidents and workman’s compensation claims. Its heavy duty construction consists of an electric heating element sandwiched between two protective surfaces of non-slip rubber.
The mat should be placed on dry ground, and once it’s plugged in, it begins to melt snow and keeps the surface free of ice. Applications include entrances, ramps and handicap accessible structures, loading docks, hospitals, nursing homes, hotels, schools, churches and synagogues, and residences.
Using 40 watts per square foot (mats are 2’x3′), the Ice-Away Snow Melt mat costs less than embedded systems and is portable. Plugs into any standard 110V outlet and melts up to two inches of accumulated snow in less then one hour.
Equipped with a 15′ power cord that plugs into standard outlets using its own Equipment Leakage Circuit Interrupter (ELCI). Designed to be left outside for the entire winter season, each mat is built and tested according to the IEEE 515.1 electrical standard.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation