The Ice-Away Snow Melt mat from Cozy Products is designed to protect against slip-and-fall accidents and workman’s compensation claims. Its heavy duty construction consists of an electric heating element sandwiched between two protective surfaces of non-slip rubber.
The mat should be placed on dry ground, and once it’s plugged in, it begins to melt snow and keeps the surface free of ice. Applications include entrances, ramps and handicap accessible structures, loading docks, hospitals, nursing homes, hotels, schools, churches and synagogues, and residences.
Using 40 watts per square foot (mats are 2’x3′), the Ice-Away Snow Melt mat costs less than embedded systems and is portable. Plugs into any standard 110V outlet and melts up to two inches of accumulated snow in less then one hour.
Equipped with a 15′ power cord that plugs into standard outlets using its own Equipment Leakage Circuit Interrupter (ELCI). Designed to be left outside for the entire winter season, each mat is built and tested according to the IEEE 515.1 electrical standard.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects