In August 2009, 130 East Stroudsburg University (ESU) facilities management department staff members were thanked for their hard work and dedication with a team building day of activities at Stony Acres, a 119-acre wildlife sanctuary and recreational facility owned by the ESU Student Association. Because of the relatively large size of the ESU facilities management team, which includes custodians, maintenance teams, and clerical staff, working in multiple shifts, some of the employees met one another for the first time at the event.
Among the activities the staff participated in were providing input to the development of the maintenance department’s mission and vision statement and a workshop on “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” (based on Steven Covey’s Book by the same name). This workshop served as an introduction to the “7 Habits” philosophy, a worldview the university is working to implement to enhance the university’s work environment and the lives of its faculty, staff, and students.
Said Syed Zaidi, director of facilities management at ESU, “Facilities management employees are an essential part of the academic equation; working behind the scenes to ensure that the campus reflects an environment conducive to learning. This trip to Stony Acres, was an opportunity to foster a sense of pride in these vital employees, and to thank them for their dedication, as yet another academic year begins.”
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Cyber Security In Real Estate