AASHE Awards For Four Higher Ed Institutions
On September 21, 2009, the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) announced the winners of its annual Campus Sustainability Leadership Awards.
Four of these awards are presented annually to institutions that have made the greatest overall commitment to sustainability as demonstrated in their education and research, campus operations, and administration and finance. In 2009, the four winners, and their respective categories, are:
- Butte College, Oroville, CA (Community colleges and other two-year institutions)
- Furman University, Greenville, SC (Four-year and graduate institutions under 5,000 student FTE)
- University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH (Four-year and graduate institutions 5,000 – 15,000 student FTE)
- New York University, New York, NY (Four-year and graduate institutions over 15,000 student FTE)
Submissions were judged on the following criteria:
- Overall impact of an institution’s efforts, relative to the institution’s size and wealth
- Breadth of sustainability initiatives, especially the integration of social aspects of sustainability
- Extent of student involvement in sustainability activities
- Level of support from campus administration
- Extent to which institution serves as a model for others
The awards were formally presented at the Greening of the Campus VIII Conference, September 20-23 in Indianapolis, IN. To read about what each winning institution is doing in the realm of sustainability, visit the AASHE Web site.
The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) is an association of colleges and universities in the U.S. and Canada that are working to create a sustainable future. Its mission is to empower higher education to lead the sustainability transformation. AASHE does this by providing resources, professional development, and a network of support to enable institutions of higher education to model and advance sustainability in everything they do, from governance and operations to education and research.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.