The Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association (BHMA) announces the publication of three revised American National Standards: ANSI/BHMA A156.3 -2008 for Exit Devices; ANSI/BHMA A 156.4 – 2008 for Door Controls – Closers; and ANSI/BHMA A156.16 – 2008 for Auxiliary Hardware.
ANSI/BHMA A156.3 for Exit Devices
This standard establishes requirements for exit devices and trim, automatic and self-latching flush bolts, removable mullions, coordinators and carry-open bars. Among the changes to ANSI/BHMA A156.3, the updated standard includes tightening the operational key torque value to 12 in-lbf; adding electrified exit device functions; and adding definitions for dogging, electric dogging, mullions and multipoint exit devices and unlatches. This publication is an update of an earlier 2001 version of the standard.
ANSI/BHMA A156.4 for Door Controls – Closers
This standard contains requirements for door closers surface mounted, concealed in the door, overhead concealed, and concealed in the floor. Also included are pivots for floor closers. Whole scale reformatting was done primarily to reduce cross references and clarify test sequences for each type of closer. Changes to ANSI/BHMA A156.4 include improving floor marking template diagrams; clarifying the door weight table by showing ranges; revising leakage failure criteria; adding a dead stop test procedure based on A156.8 for stops and holders; and clarifying the requirements for range of closing motion. This publication is an update of an earlier 2000 version of the standard.
ANSI/BHMA A156.16 for Auxiliary Hardware
This standard establishes requirements for auxiliary hardware. Among the changes to ANSI/BHMA A156.16, the updated standard includes updated product type illustrations; revised shower curtain rod test requirements and moving the location of the door stop in the cycle test to across the middle hinge. This publication is an update of an earlier 2002 version of the standard.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention