BHMA Issues Revised Door Hardware Standards
The Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association (BHMA) announces the publication of three revised American National Standards: ANSI/BHMA A156.3 -2008 for Exit Devices; ANSI/BHMA A 156.4 – 2008 for Door Controls – Closers; and ANSI/BHMA A156.16 – 2008 for Auxiliary Hardware.
ANSI/BHMA A156.3 for Exit Devices
This standard establishes requirements for exit devices and trim, automatic and self-latching flush bolts, removable mullions, coordinators and carry-open bars. Among the changes to ANSI/BHMA A156.3, the updated standard includes tightening the operational key torque value to 12 in-lbf; adding electrified exit device functions; and adding definitions for dogging, electric dogging, mullions and multipoint exit devices and unlatches. This publication is an update of an earlier 2001 version of the standard.
ANSI/BHMA A156.4 for Door Controls – Closers
This standard contains requirements for door closers surface mounted, concealed in the door, overhead concealed, and concealed in the floor. Also included are pivots for floor closers. Whole scale reformatting was done primarily to reduce cross references and clarify test sequences for each type of closer. Changes to ANSI/BHMA A156.4 include improving floor marking template diagrams; clarifying the door weight table by showing ranges; revising leakage failure criteria; adding a dead stop test procedure based on A156.8 for stops and holders; and clarifying the requirements for range of closing motion. This publication is an update of an earlier 2000 version of the standard.
ANSI/BHMA A156.16 for Auxiliary Hardware
This standard establishes requirements for auxiliary hardware. Among the changes to ANSI/BHMA A156.16, the updated standard includes updated product type illustrations; revised shower curtain rod test requirements and moving the location of the door stop in the cycle test to across the middle hinge. This publication is an update of an earlier 2002 version of the standard.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices