Facility Engineering Associates (FEA), in partnership with the IFMA Foundation, has released the first of the Sustainability “How-To Guide” Series. Chris Hodges, principal of FEA and an active member of IFMA, has authored this first guide, entitled Getting Started.
The Getting Started guide was created to assist facility managers with a step-by-step process for assessing an organization; finding a starting point; identifying initiatives; evaluating their value; and implementing, measuring, and monitoring their effectiveness. With more than 30 years of experience in engineering and facility management, Hodges has served on the IFMA board of directors, as chapter president of the IFMA Capital Chapter, and in many other roles within IFMA, giving him the necessary experience and expertise to provide beginners with the essential tools they need to get started with sustainability.
“In IFMA’s quest to equip and enable facility management professionals through education, this guide will clarify and lead them through what can be a very complex issue,” said Teena Shouse, senior facility management consultant at FEA and a past IFMA chair. “Now, when someone asks you ‘How do I get started?’ you can refer them to this informative and well designed guide to sustainability.”
“This is the first of the Sustainability ‘How-To’ Guide Series to be published by the foundation, and we’re very excited to see its release and know it will be a success,” said Will Rub, executive director of the IFMA Foundation. “Hodges’ Getting Started guide provides the perfect approach to start out this important series on sustainability.”
There will be a minimum of four additional guides hosted on the Foundation’s Web site, with another eight scheduled for completion in 2010.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention