Facility Engineering Associates (FEA), in partnership with the IFMA Foundation, has released the first of the Sustainability “How-To Guide” Series. Chris Hodges, principal of FEA and an active member of IFMA, has authored this first guide, entitled Getting Started.
The Getting Started guide was created to assist facility managers with a step-by-step process for assessing an organization; finding a starting point; identifying initiatives; evaluating their value; and implementing, measuring, and monitoring their effectiveness. With more than 30 years of experience in engineering and facility management, Hodges has served on the IFMA board of directors, as chapter president of the IFMA Capital Chapter, and in many other roles within IFMA, giving him the necessary experience and expertise to provide beginners with the essential tools they need to get started with sustainability.
“In IFMA’s quest to equip and enable facility management professionals through education, this guide will clarify and lead them through what can be a very complex issue,” said Teena Shouse, senior facility management consultant at FEA and a past IFMA chair. “Now, when someone asks you ‘How do I get started?’ you can refer them to this informative and well designed guide to sustainability.”
“This is the first of the Sustainability ‘How-To’ Guide Series to be published by the foundation, and we’re very excited to see its release and know it will be a success,” said Will Rub, executive director of the IFMA Foundation. “Hodges’ Getting Started guide provides the perfect approach to start out this important series on sustainability.”
There will be a minimum of four additional guides hosted on the Foundation’s Web site, with another eight scheduled for completion in 2010.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs