IFMA Names 2009 Class of Fellows
The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) has announced its 2009 class of IFMA Fellows. Oscar K.C. Chan, Ph.D., MA, CFM, CFMJ, FPFM, MCILT, of the Facility Management Development Centre, Macau Management Association; Andy Fuhrman, ICBO, of Cisco Smart+Connected Communities; John E. (Jack) Grinnalds, AIA, CFM, of Johns Hopkins University; and Teena G. Shouse, CFM, of Facility Engineering Associates, will receive the honor of IFMA Fellowship during the association’s Awards of Excellence banquet on Friday, October 9, at IFMA’s World Workplace 2009 Conference Expo in Orlando, FL.
Established to recognize members dedicated to IFMA and the facility management profession, the fellowship program creates an elite core of respected leaders who act as advisers to—and ambassadors of—the association. Being named an IFMA Fellow is the highest honor the association can bestow on a member. To date, 79 other professionals have received the distinction.
“This year’s IFMA Fellow recipients have significantly influenced and represented the profession,” said IFMA President and CEO David J. Brady. “Their continuous commitment, leadership, and passion both to the facility management community and the association are unparalleled. They are more than deserving of this honor.”
With a wide range of facility management experience, the 2009 class of IFMA Fellows represents multiple industries and backgrounds. Chan is responsible for the delivery of IFMA’s Facility Management Professional, China, credential and its online examination administration for the Labor Services Bureau of the Macau SAR Government as well as commercial and industrial sectors of China. Chan serves as the direct link between IFMA and Ying Biao Human Resources Ltd.—IFMA’s contract bureau and education partner in the People’s Republic of China—ensuring smooth coordination of the development and implementation of facility management programs in China.
Fuhrman was formerly the CEO for the Open Standards Consortium for Real Estate. Building OSCRE from the ground up, Fuhrman created a business strategy to meet needs of the facility management and commercial real estate communities through successful educational and marketing programming. His long-term interest in technology to advance the facility management profession is well known throughout the industry and the association.
Grinnalds is responsible for the facility management function including maintenance and operations, design and construction, custodial services, audio/video services, security (card access), space inventory, grounds keeping, warehouse management, leases, and real estate acquisitions for a portfolio of 19 properties. He has been an active IFMA volunteer on the chapter, council and board levels.
Shouse manages facility management operations improvement including staff analysis and development, strategic planning, capital planning and budgeting, and facility management technology. She has been an active member and leader in all aspects of the association, including chair on IFMA’s board of directors during the 2005-2006 fiscal year. Shouse is the chair-elect of Global FM.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.