IFMA President and CEO Honored by FMA Australia
David J. Brady, president and CEO of the International Facility Management Association and IFMA Foundation trustee, has been awarded Honorary Membership in the Facility Management Association of Australia.
The award was presented by FMA Australia’s CEO David Duncan at the World Workplace 2009 Conference & Expo in Orlando, Fla. The honor was bestowed following a special resolution by the FMA Australia board of directors to recognize Brady as a person of distinction who has made significant contributions to the facility management profession worldwide.
Brady joins John McCarthy, AO, who was awarded Honorary Membership in FMA Australia in 2006 for service to the industry as chairman of the Australian government’s FM Action Agenda initiative. As an Honorary Member, Brady will be recognized on the FMA Australia Web site “honour roll” and have the right to attend and be heard at any general meeting of the association.
“Dave is a worthy recipient of this rare and prestigious honor,” said Andrew McEwan, chairman of FMA Australia. “He has been a great friend to FMA Australia, having been involved in every partnership initiative since 2003 and earlier this year in our adoption of the CFM® and FMP® designations. We warmly welcome Dave as our newest FMA Australia member.”
Apart from achieving Honorary Membership in FMA Australia, Brady is held in high regard by IFMA and the IFMA Foundation alike.
“I am elated to learn Dave has been bestowed Honorary Membership by FMA Australia; he has been a tireless ambassador for the cause of magnifying the importance of the facility management profession worldwide,” said Thomas L. Mitchell Jr., CFM, CFMJ, chairman of the IFMA board of directors. “FMA Australia and IFMA enjoy a positive and long-standing relationship because of Dave’s desire to collaboratively work toward achieving mutually beneficial objectives. His selection to receive this award is reflective of the respect our Australian partners have for the work he’s done to help ensure FMA Australia is the preeminent voice of facility management in Australia.”
“I can’t think of a finer tribute to Dave than being bestowed this award by FMA Australia,” said IFMA Foundation Chair Pat Turnbull. “Over the years, Dave has provided extraordinary leadership in advancing facility management and contributing to a more productive, sustainable built environment. He has been a champion of education and research, with the understanding that a global perspective and collaboration are essential to making our industry and our ability to make a difference stronger.”
For more information about FMA Australia, visit www.fma.com.au.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices