The NSF Sustainable Carpet Standard was developed to help drive the carpet industry toward a more sustainable future by providing a national standard that can be used for developing environmentally-friendly carpet. NSF International certifies carpet to ensure it meets all of the standard’s requirements, which helps designers, architects, and contractors chose more sustainable products. The NSF Sustainable Carpet Certification Program, which is based on NSF/ANSI Standard 140, uses a point system to address six key areas:
- Public health and environment
- Energy and energy efficiency
- Bio-based recycled content materials
- Reclamation and end-of-life management
Based on the number of points earned, certification is issued in one of three levels: silver, gold, or platinum. InterfaceFLOR achieved silver certification.
“At InterfaceFLOR, we are committed to environmental leadership in every aspect of our business, and we are dedicated to reducing our environmental footprint. Obtaining NSF/ANSI 140 certification for sustainable carpets helps us demonstrate our commitment to Mission Zero, our promise to eliminate all negative impacts we may have on the environment by 2020,” says Connie Hensler, Director of Life Cycle Assessment Programs at InterfaceFLOR.
“With so many companies claiming to be green, InterfaceFLOR took the steps necessary to ensure their products were certified to an American national sustainability standard,” says Petie Davis, Business Unit Manager for Sustainability Services at NSF International. “Consumers can be confident that InterfaceFLOR is ‘walking the talk’ when it comes to their certified carpets because the sustainable practices used to manufacture GlasBac and GlasBac RE products were verified by an independent, third-party organization.”
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?