The NSF Sustainable Carpet Standard was developed to help drive the carpet industry toward a more sustainable future by providing a national standard that can be used for developing environmentally-friendly carpet. NSF International certifies carpet to ensure it meets all of the standard’s requirements, which helps designers, architects, and contractors chose more sustainable products. The NSF Sustainable Carpet Certification Program, which is based on NSF/ANSI Standard 140, uses a point system to address six key areas:
- Public health and environment
- Energy and energy efficiency
- Bio-based recycled content materials
- Reclamation and end-of-life management
Based on the number of points earned, certification is issued in one of three levels: silver, gold, or platinum. InterfaceFLOR achieved silver certification.
“At InterfaceFLOR, we are committed to environmental leadership in every aspect of our business, and we are dedicated to reducing our environmental footprint. Obtaining NSF/ANSI 140 certification for sustainable carpets helps us demonstrate our commitment to Mission Zero, our promise to eliminate all negative impacts we may have on the environment by 2020,” says Connie Hensler, Director of Life Cycle Assessment Programs at InterfaceFLOR.
“With so many companies claiming to be green, InterfaceFLOR took the steps necessary to ensure their products were certified to an American national sustainability standard,” says Petie Davis, Business Unit Manager for Sustainability Services at NSF International. “Consumers can be confident that InterfaceFLOR is ‘walking the talk’ when it comes to their certified carpets because the sustainable practices used to manufacture GlasBac and GlasBac RE products were verified by an independent, third-party organization.”
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management