Now, any E-Mon D-Mon Class 3000 Advanced, Class 5000 meter, or Interval Data Recorder (IDR) equipped with Option LTP can communicate up to 40 meter data parameters to any BAS employing the LonWorks protocol. Like E-Mon’s other communication options, the LonWorks version provides similar electrical measurements, including:
- Energy and reactive energy, delivered and received (kWh);
- Real power (kW), total and by phase;
- Reactive (kVAR) and apparent (kVA) power, total and by phase;
- Power factor (percent), total and by phase; and
- Current (A), voltage (V) and phase angle (degrees) by phase.
“This communication option greatly extends E-Mon’s reach into the Building Automation and Controls market by increasing the granularity of electrical measurements that can talk to BAS via twisted pair, power line carrier, wireless and other LonWorks-compatible media,” said Don Millstein, president and CEO of E-Mon. “With the addition of the LonWorks option, E-Mon’s complete line of communication options opens the door to deploying submeters in more than 80 percent of new and installed BAS control applications, including those using Modbus RTU and BACnet MS/TP and Ethernet-based protocols like Modbus TCP and BACnet IP.”
The LonWorks communication option is currently available for the following E-Mon D-Mon submetering equipment: Class 3000 Advanced; Class 5000; and Interval Data Recorder (IDR).
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices