NEW PRODUCT FLASH: E-Mon LonWorks Option
Now, any E-Mon D-Mon Class 3000 Advanced, Class 5000 meter, or Interval Data Recorder (IDR) equipped with Option LTP can communicate up to 40 meter data parameters to any BAS employing the LonWorks protocol. Like E-Mon’s other communication options, the LonWorks version provides similar electrical measurements, including:
- Energy and reactive energy, delivered and received (kWh);
- Real power (kW), total and by phase;
- Reactive (kVAR) and apparent (kVA) power, total and by phase;
- Power factor (percent), total and by phase; and
- Current (A), voltage (V) and phase angle (degrees) by phase.
“This communication option greatly extends E-Mon’s reach into the Building Automation and Controls market by increasing the granularity of electrical measurements that can talk to BAS via twisted pair, power line carrier, wireless and other LonWorks-compatible media,” said Don Millstein, president and CEO of E-Mon. “With the addition of the LonWorks option, E-Mon’s complete line of communication options opens the door to deploying submeters in more than 80 percent of new and installed BAS control applications, including those using Modbus RTU and BACnet MS/TP and Ethernet-based protocols like Modbus TCP and BACnet IP.”
The LonWorks communication option is currently available for the following E-Mon D-Mon submetering equipment: Class 3000 Advanced; Class 5000; and Interval Data Recorder (IDR).
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.