Now, any E-Mon D-Mon Class 3000 Advanced, Class 5000 meter, or Interval Data Recorder (IDR) equipped with Option LTP can communicate up to 40 meter data parameters to any BAS employing the LonWorks protocol. Like E-Mon’s other communication options, the LonWorks version provides similar electrical measurements, including:
- Energy and reactive energy, delivered and received (kWh);
- Real power (kW), total and by phase;
- Reactive (kVAR) and apparent (kVA) power, total and by phase;
- Power factor (percent), total and by phase; and
- Current (A), voltage (V) and phase angle (degrees) by phase.
“This communication option greatly extends E-Mon’s reach into the Building Automation and Controls market by increasing the granularity of electrical measurements that can talk to BAS via twisted pair, power line carrier, wireless and other LonWorks-compatible media,” said Don Millstein, president and CEO of E-Mon. “With the addition of the LonWorks option, E-Mon’s complete line of communication options opens the door to deploying submeters in more than 80 percent of new and installed BAS control applications, including those using Modbus RTU and BACnet MS/TP and Ethernet-based protocols like Modbus TCP and BACnet IP.”
The LonWorks communication option is currently available for the following E-Mon D-Mon submetering equipment: Class 3000 Advanced; Class 5000; and Interval Data Recorder (IDR).
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades