NEW PRODUCT FLASH: ReUze™ Water Piping System
ReUze™, a CPVC water piping system from Charlotte Pipe and Foundry Company, gives facility professionals a practical, easy-to-install system for non-potable water uses inside buildings. Engineers and architects motivated to design projects using non-potable water for indoor use was a major factor in Charlotte Pipe creating this product. The use of non-potable water can contribute up to 10 LEED points on a project, with additional points available if any of these credits are deemed a regional priority by the USGBC regional council or chapter.
ReUze™ is manufactured using high quality CPVC compound along with a purple pigment (the universally accepted color for non-potable water systems). It is marked with two lines of type clearly identifying the contents as “WARNING: NON-POTABLE WATER DO NOT DRINK”. The type is 180° apart so that no matter what angle the piping system is viewed from there can be no mistake that the pipe is carrying non-potable water. This is extremely important in ensuring that water lines fit for human consumption are not crossed with non-potable water lines.
ReUze™ will be listed with NSF International and bear the mark “NSF-rw”. It meets all of the same requirements as Charlotte Pipe’s FlowGuard Gold Copper Tube Size and Corzan Schedule 80 domestic water piping systems (NSF 14 and 61 listing, pressure/temperature handling capability and superior flame and smoke characteristics).
- The CPVC piping system is already listed as being suitable for potable water in the majority of the nation’s plumbing codes.
- It meets a 25/50 flame spread and smoke developed rating per ASTM E 84 test protocol so that the system can be installed in an unducted return air plenum.
- It has an easy, reliable and proven installation method.
- Engineers no longer have to use copper pipe painted purple, reducing costs and the chance that water lines may be confused.
ReUze™ is available in CTS sizes ½”, ¾”, 1”, 1½” and 2” sizes in 20 foot lengths. It is installed using currently available low VOC FlowGuard Gold® single step solvent cements and existing CTS fittings, including Charlotte Pipe transition fittings featuring integral brass threads. It carries the same 400 psi @ 73°F pressure rating as the company’s domestic water piping system.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- Fall Is A Great Time To Focus On Energy Systems