NEW PRODUCT FLASH: ReUze™ Water Piping System
ReUze™, a CPVC water piping system from Charlotte Pipe and Foundry Company, gives facility professionals a practical, easy-to-install system for non-potable water uses inside buildings. Engineers and architects motivated to design projects using non-potable water for indoor use was a major factor in Charlotte Pipe creating this product. The use of non-potable water can contribute up to 10 LEED points on a project, with additional points available if any of these credits are deemed a regional priority by the USGBC regional council or chapter.
ReUze™ is manufactured using high quality CPVC compound along with a purple pigment (the universally accepted color for non-potable water systems). It is marked with two lines of type clearly identifying the contents as “WARNING: NON-POTABLE WATER DO NOT DRINK”. The type is 180° apart so that no matter what angle the piping system is viewed from there can be no mistake that the pipe is carrying non-potable water. This is extremely important in ensuring that water lines fit for human consumption are not crossed with non-potable water lines.
ReUze™ will be listed with NSF International and bear the mark “NSF-rw”. It meets all of the same requirements as Charlotte Pipe’s FlowGuard Gold Copper Tube Size and Corzan Schedule 80 domestic water piping systems (NSF 14 and 61 listing, pressure/temperature handling capability and superior flame and smoke characteristics).
- The CPVC piping system is already listed as being suitable for potable water in the majority of the nation’s plumbing codes.
- It meets a 25/50 flame spread and smoke developed rating per ASTM E 84 test protocol so that the system can be installed in an unducted return air plenum.
- It has an easy, reliable and proven installation method.
- Engineers no longer have to use copper pipe painted purple, reducing costs and the chance that water lines may be confused.
ReUze™ is available in CTS sizes ½”, ¾”, 1”, 1½” and 2” sizes in 20 foot lengths. It is installed using currently available low VOC FlowGuard Gold® single step solvent cements and existing CTS fittings, including Charlotte Pipe transition fittings featuring integral brass threads. It carries the same 400 psi @ 73°F pressure rating as the company’s domestic water piping system.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.