NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: Power Purchase Agreement By Borrego Solar
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a designer and installer of grid tied solar electric power systems, recently introduced a financing option for schools, companies, and government organizations that want to begin using solar energy to power their facilities. Borrego’s power purchase agreement (PPA) program provides organizations an avenue through which to finance a solar project without having to assume the up-front costs of the project or work with a third-party financier.
With $30 million backing from a PPA fund launched by Walsin Lihwa, a current investor, Borrego is positioned to develop and finance more than $100 million solar projects over the next 12 months. PPAs are programs by which a third-party company (in this case, Borrego) pays for the installation of the solar system, and then “sells” the power back to the customer. For organizations that want to incorporate solar energy but can’t secure funding from internal budgets or a bank, a PPA can offer a solution. Through its PPA service, Borrego is now offering financing in addition to its established design, engineering, and procurement services..
Based in San Diego, CA, with a New England headquarters in Lowell, MA, Borrego Solar offers its services in California, New England, New Jersey and New York.
“We continue to see significant demand for grid tied solar systems, but a common concern for many customers is the lack of financing available to design, install and maintain the system,” said Mike Hall, CEO of Borrego Solar. “And though the PPA is not a new concept, some customers don’t want the hassle of finding a third-party financing option or the restriction of having to deploy the technology chosen by the PPA provider. By choosing a Borrego PPA, customers deal with one company for system financing, design, construction, operation, and maintenance. As a result of this program Borrego is now able to offer our customers a ‘one stop shop’ for all solar energy services—all without the technology lock-in of other programs.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices