With many areas of the country beginning to experience a winter chill, infrared heater manufacturers call on safety inspectors to pay close attention to the proper use and maintenance of their installed equipment. To help them identify potential hazards, the Infrared Heater Safety Council (IRSC) has issued a free safety inspection checklist, available here.
“As manufacturers of this heating equipment, we want to make sure our equipment is being used safely and properly, which is why we’ve developed this safety checklist and distributed it to thousands of fire and safety inspectors nationwide,” said Joseph A. Wortman, Jr., chairman of the IRSC, which is an Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) safety education initiative dedicated to the safe use of infrared heating equipment in commercial and industrial applications.
The free checklist provides safety inspectors with easy access to all the information they need to make sure this equipment has been safely installed and maintained, as well as a reminder to make sure the equipment owner is maintaining appropriate clearances from combustibles.The checklist is included in a comprehensive brochure that outlines infrared heater types and proper applications, relevant safety codes and standards, proper clearances to combustibles, information on proper gas connections and ventilation, proper signage, and other important safety guidelines.
“Many people work around infrared heaters, but likely give little thought to safety or maintenance of this equipment,” said AHRI President Stephen Yurek. “It’s in everyone’s best interest to better understand how to use infrared heater properly to reduce potential hazards, while staying safe and warm.”
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- York Chiller Mobile App