With many areas of the country beginning to experience a winter chill, infrared heater manufacturers call on safety inspectors to pay close attention to the proper use and maintenance of their installed equipment. To help them identify potential hazards, the Infrared Heater Safety Council (IRSC) has issued a free safety inspection checklist, available here.
“As manufacturers of this heating equipment, we want to make sure our equipment is being used safely and properly, which is why we’ve developed this safety checklist and distributed it to thousands of fire and safety inspectors nationwide,” said Joseph A. Wortman, Jr., chairman of the IRSC, which is an Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) safety education initiative dedicated to the safe use of infrared heating equipment in commercial and industrial applications.
The free checklist provides safety inspectors with easy access to all the information they need to make sure this equipment has been safely installed and maintained, as well as a reminder to make sure the equipment owner is maintaining appropriate clearances from combustibles.The checklist is included in a comprehensive brochure that outlines infrared heater types and proper applications, relevant safety codes and standards, proper clearances to combustibles, information on proper gas connections and ventilation, proper signage, and other important safety guidelines.
“Many people work around infrared heaters, but likely give little thought to safety or maintenance of this equipment,” said AHRI President Stephen Yurek. “It’s in everyone’s best interest to better understand how to use infrared heater properly to reduce potential hazards, while staying safe and warm.”
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention