The Garland Company, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of roofing solutions, recently updated its GreenShield® vegetative roof technology by introducing movable, interlocking container modules that encapsulate plant material and the underlying growth layers. These product updates were aimed at easing installation and maintenance of the vegetative roof system.
The GreenShield Module system uses industrial grade 46″x46″ modules molded with pallet channels (for fork lifting) and drainage perforations. The pallet channels also serve as port ways for drainage and/or irrigation, and provide bair flow to the root systems. (When the GreenShield vegetative systems are paired with a waterproofing membrane from Garland’s StressPly® modified bitumen family of roofing systems, no additional drainage is needed.)
The modules can incorporate any lightweight soils, aggregates, filter fabrics, and green roof plants developed for the existing Garland GreenShield technologies, while allowing the flexibility of distinct plant media in each module. The GreenShield modules can be cut and shaped to any landscape setting, and sprinkler heads can be cut into the modules where needed.
The GreenShield Module systems retain the benefits of green roofing, including UV and heat insulation, reduced rainwater runoff, noise reduction, and membrane protection. Also, they can be loaded up with plant materials that have been growing in advance of the roofing job.
The GreenShield Module system is the latest innovation introduced under the Garland Green House, which encompasses ENERGY STAR®* qualified roofing restoration systems.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation