The Garland Company, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of roofing solutions, recently updated its GreenShield® vegetative roof technology by introducing movable, interlocking container modules that encapsulate plant material and the underlying growth layers. These product updates were aimed at easing installation and maintenance of the vegetative roof system.
The GreenShield Module system uses industrial grade 46″x46″ modules molded with pallet channels (for fork lifting) and drainage perforations. The pallet channels also serve as port ways for drainage and/or irrigation, and provide bair flow to the root systems. (When the GreenShield vegetative systems are paired with a waterproofing membrane from Garland’s StressPly® modified bitumen family of roofing systems, no additional drainage is needed.)
The modules can incorporate any lightweight soils, aggregates, filter fabrics, and green roof plants developed for the existing Garland GreenShield technologies, while allowing the flexibility of distinct plant media in each module. The GreenShield modules can be cut and shaped to any landscape setting, and sprinkler heads can be cut into the modules where needed.
The GreenShield Module systems retain the benefits of green roofing, including UV and heat insulation, reduced rainwater runoff, noise reduction, and membrane protection. Also, they can be loaded up with plant materials that have been growing in advance of the roofing job.
The GreenShield Module system is the latest innovation introduced under the Garland Green House, which encompasses ENERGY STAR®* qualified roofing restoration systems.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices