Bemis Manufacturing Co. has combined proprietary hinge and fastening systems to make thorough cleaning of toilets easier, while speeding installations and eliminating loose seats. Designed specifically to meet the needs of housekeepers in hospitality and healthcare industries, the new Bemis Just-Lift® hinge enables the seat to be pulled straight up from the open position. The lifted seat creates a 1.5″ gap between the seat and bowl that enables easier and more thorough cleaning than traditional hinges allow. After cleaning, the seat is pushed down, making the hinge flush with the bowl once more.
The robust hinge system of Just-Lift features electropolished stainless steel lift posts integrated with overmolded stainless steel mounting bolts for smooth up and down movement of the seat.
The Just-Lift hinge system has been teamed up with Bemis’ new Sta-Tite® Commercial Fastening System™, which delivers faster installation speeds while eliminating the need for labor-intensive retightening of loose seats. Using a single-piece fastener that includes a glass filled nylon nut and integrated washer, the Sta-Tite fastening system installs up to 33% faster than conventional fasteners and allows installers to quickly achieve the exact amount of torque needed to keep seats securely fastened longer than conventional systems.
After mounting the seat on the bowl and finger tightening the Sta-Tite nuts, installers use a 5/8″ wrench to tighten the lower section of the nut. When the exact proper torque is achieved, the lower section of the nut automatically shears away, eliminating guesswork about under- or over-tightening.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management