Bemis Manufacturing Co. has combined proprietary hinge and fastening systems to make thorough cleaning of toilets easier, while speeding installations and eliminating loose seats. Designed specifically to meet the needs of housekeepers in hospitality and healthcare industries, the new Bemis Just-Lift® hinge enables the seat to be pulled straight up from the open position. The lifted seat creates a 1.5″ gap between the seat and bowl that enables easier and more thorough cleaning than traditional hinges allow. After cleaning, the seat is pushed down, making the hinge flush with the bowl once more.
The robust hinge system of Just-Lift features electropolished stainless steel lift posts integrated with overmolded stainless steel mounting bolts for smooth up and down movement of the seat.
The Just-Lift hinge system has been teamed up with Bemis’ new Sta-Tite® Commercial Fastening System™, which delivers faster installation speeds while eliminating the need for labor-intensive retightening of loose seats. Using a single-piece fastener that includes a glass filled nylon nut and integrated washer, the Sta-Tite fastening system installs up to 33% faster than conventional fasteners and allows installers to quickly achieve the exact amount of torque needed to keep seats securely fastened longer than conventional systems.
After mounting the seat on the bowl and finger tightening the Sta-Tite nuts, installers use a 5/8″ wrench to tighten the lower section of the nut. When the exact proper torque is achieved, the lower section of the nut automatically shears away, eliminating guesswork about under- or over-tightening.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation