NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: PlanSCAPE By Virco
When conducting the Needs Assessment, experienced PlanSCAPE® professionals work with the school to assess specific needs and requirements. And Virco’s vast product inventory provides an added advantage of desirable lead times for thousands of furniture and equipment items.
In the Budget Planning stage, the PlanSCAPE budget analysis compares the features, benefits, and prices of competing products, helping facility professionals target the specific combination of furniture and equipment that makes sense for their school. This serves to maximize financial resources.
Along with the budget analysis, a PlanSCAPE project evaluation generates a summary of all the products the facility professional has targeted for purchase. At the customer’s request, the PlanSCAPE team can also provide a reference list of competing products from other manufacturers.
For Contract Procurement, PlanSCAPE enables facilities to use the state or national contract that best suits their situation. This enables schools to purchase furniture and equipment at advantageous prices. Virco notes that compared to all the aspects involved in the bidding process, contract procurement is an effective way to save time and money.
PlanSCAPE also allows schools to purchase furniture and equipment featured on the U.S. Communities contract. As the most comprehensive, detailed contract—and the only national contract —for use by schools, U.S. Communities has more products than any other contract to address FF&E needs.
During the Project Management phase, Virco professionals work with and communicate with facilities managers to ensure a successful project.
For greater efficiency, the PlanScape professionals can consolidate products from various manufacturers at the Virco warehouse closest to the customer’s school. (These manufacturers include Community, Fleetwood Group Inc., Ghent Manufacturing Inc., High Point Furniture, Invincible, Leonard Peterson & Co., Inc., Library Bureau, Waddell, Media Technologies, Republic Storage Systems Company, Russwood Library, Sandusky-Lee, Shain Shop-Bilt, Smith Systems, Waddell, and Wood Designs.) In addition to minimizing the risk of freight damage, consolidation provides the benefit of fewer deliveries, shortening the time to completion.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ