The SkyGuard service provides proactive weather risk management that enables organizations to improve safety, protect property, and reduce costs associated with interruptions in operations, customer service, and supply chain. Unlike the National Weather Service, which issues warnings covering large areas, SkyGuard from WeatherData Services, Inc., issues warnings only when specific locations are at risk, saving money by keeping facilities running.
The company’s experts work with client facilities to determine pre-set thresholds and warning perimeters that will allow the facility enough time to take precautions, such as moving equipment indoors, sheltering employees, and switching to auxiliary power. WeatherData’s meteorologists issue warnings based upon a facility’s specific location, not generic regional warnings.
Customizable warnings based on a facility’s criteria can include: tornado, high wind, lightning, flash flooding, hail, extreme temperature, rain, and hurricane. Warnings are sent using the most effective methods for the client—e-mail, phone, text, and BlackBerry®. There are minimum lead times for warning (e.g., for tornado, 20 minutes; flash flooding, 20 minutes; lightning, 30 minutes).
In addition, WeatherData’s SmartRAD® optional software delivers the best available weather information in real time, from sources such as the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), National Weather Service (NWS), and the National Lightning Detection Network. With an intuitive, graphical interface, facility managers can quickly see the big picture—not just raw data—and access a view that is facility-specific. For further protection and added security, warnings sent via SmartRAD have an acknowledge button that must be hit by facility personnel in order to verify the warning was received.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation