UTSA to Offer New Minor in Facility Management
The IFMA Foundation is pleased to announce that the University of Texas at San Antonio will be offering a new facility management minor program beginning in 2010. The new offering will be part of the school’s Real Estate Finance and Development program in the UTSA College of Business. The announcement of the new program was made at the San Antonio Chapter of IFMA’s September meeting on Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at the UTSA campus.
“We’re very pleased that UTSA will be initiating the Facility Management Minor program in the fall of 2010,” said IFMA Foundation Director of Academic Affairs Charles Claar, P.E., CFM, CFMJ. “The private and public sectors in Texas alone need 775 new, competent facility managers each year, so this program will begin to fill a huge void that exists in Texas and nationwide. We look forward to the development of a Facility Management Major program at UTSA as soon as it can be accomplished.”
The IFMA Foundation works for the public good to promote priority research and educational opportunities for the advancement of facility management. The IFMA Foundation is supported by the generosity of the facility management community, including IFMA members, chapters, councils, corporate sponsors and private contributors who are united by the belief that education and research improve the facility management profession.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.