The IFMA Foundation is pleased to announce that the University of Texas at San Antonio will be offering a new facility management minor program beginning in 2010. The new offering will be part of the school’s Real Estate Finance and Development program in the UTSA College of Business. The announcement of the new program was made at the San Antonio Chapter of IFMA’s September meeting on Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at the UTSA campus.
“We’re very pleased that UTSA will be initiating the Facility Management Minor program in the fall of 2010,” said IFMA Foundation Director of Academic Affairs Charles Claar, P.E., CFM, CFMJ. “The private and public sectors in Texas alone need 775 new, competent facility managers each year, so this program will begin to fill a huge void that exists in Texas and nationwide. We look forward to the development of a Facility Management Major program at UTSA as soon as it can be accomplished.”
The IFMA Foundation works for the public good to promote priority research and educational opportunities for the advancement of facility management. The IFMA Foundation is supported by the generosity of the facility management community, including IFMA members, chapters, councils, corporate sponsors and private contributors who are united by the belief that education and research improve the facility management profession.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Nova Scotia Community College Adopts SARA For Emergency Alerts
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips