The IFMA Foundation is pleased to announce that the University of Texas at San Antonio will be offering a new facility management minor program beginning in 2010. The new offering will be part of the school’s Real Estate Finance and Development program in the UTSA College of Business. The announcement of the new program was made at the San Antonio Chapter of IFMA’s September meeting on Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at the UTSA campus.
“We’re very pleased that UTSA will be initiating the Facility Management Minor program in the fall of 2010,” said IFMA Foundation Director of Academic Affairs Charles Claar, P.E., CFM, CFMJ. “The private and public sectors in Texas alone need 775 new, competent facility managers each year, so this program will begin to fill a huge void that exists in Texas and nationwide. We look forward to the development of a Facility Management Major program at UTSA as soon as it can be accomplished.”
The IFMA Foundation works for the public good to promote priority research and educational opportunities for the advancement of facility management. The IFMA Foundation is supported by the generosity of the facility management community, including IFMA members, chapters, councils, corporate sponsors and private contributors who are united by the belief that education and research improve the facility management profession.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades