The IFMA Foundation is pleased to announce that the University of Texas at San Antonio will be offering a new facility management minor program beginning in 2010. The new offering will be part of the school’s Real Estate Finance and Development program in the UTSA College of Business. The announcement of the new program was made at the San Antonio Chapter of IFMA’s September meeting on Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at the UTSA campus.
“We’re very pleased that UTSA will be initiating the Facility Management Minor program in the fall of 2010,” said IFMA Foundation Director of Academic Affairs Charles Claar, P.E., CFM, CFMJ. “The private and public sectors in Texas alone need 775 new, competent facility managers each year, so this program will begin to fill a huge void that exists in Texas and nationwide. We look forward to the development of a Facility Management Major program at UTSA as soon as it can be accomplished.”
The IFMA Foundation works for the public good to promote priority research and educational opportunities for the advancement of facility management. The IFMA Foundation is supported by the generosity of the facility management community, including IFMA members, chapters, councils, corporate sponsors and private contributors who are united by the belief that education and research improve the facility management profession.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention