WEIRD WEDNESDAY: Water From Thin Air
The Dewpointe® CH line of atmospheric water generators is designed to produce pure drinking water for businesses, emergency preparedness, and commercial applications. So how does it work? It creates drinking water out of moisture in the atmosphere by using computer assisted water purification technology.
Here is the process, broken down into five key stages:
STAGE 1: Air Filtration
The first electrostatic air filtration stage removes dust, pollen, mold, and other airborne contaminants as humid air enters the unit. Atmospheric water production immediately eliminates 95% of contaminants found in municipal ground water.
STAGE 2: Chilling the Air
The airflow through the filter system is then chilled to dew point, transforming water in the air from a gas to a liquid.
STAGE 3: Condensation
Condensed moisture collects on the coils covered with an FDA approved food-grade coating to prevent potential metal pollution. Once the moisture “extraction” process is complete, the water is delivered to an advanced multi-stage filtration system.
STAGE 4: Purification
The water passes through 10 specialized filters, four coconut hull carbon membranes, a zero-waste R.O. filter, and a powerful UV light sanitation system to remove contaminants and microorganisms. At this point, the output is 99.99% pure.
STAGE 5: Water Temperature Optimization
The hot and cold water lines pull from a sealed stainless steel holding tank, providing chilled and hot water on demand.
This video takes you through the process:
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices