Bank of America Center Houston Earns LEED EB O&M Gold
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has awarded Bank of America Center, located at 700 Louisiana in Downtown Houston’s theater district, its LEED® for Existing Building, Operations, and Maintenance Gold Certification. In awarding its Gold Certification, USGBC is verifying that Bank of America Center is being operated in a sustainable and environmentally sound manner.
Designed by renowned architect Phillip Johnson and partner John Burgee, the 56 floor, 1.26 million square foot landmark office tower is owned by a joint venture of M-M Properties and an affiliate of the General Electric Pension Trust, advised by GE Asset Management. According to Ken Moczulski CEO of M-M Properties, “When we purchased the property in August 2007, we committed to investing the capital and doing everything necessary to operate the property in a most environmentally responsible manner. Thanks to the inherently energy efficient design of Bank of America Center, the great work of our management and engineering team, the expert assistance of Kirksey Architects, and the enthusiastic participation of our tenants, our efforts have been validated by USGBC. We are thrilled to have received LEED Gold certification and will remain dedicated to the sustainable principles espoused by USGBC.”
“GE Asset Management is fully supportive of the Bank of America team’s efforts in obtaining this LEED Gold designation,” stated Brad Barrett, managing director of GE Asset Management. “On a firm wide basis, we are striving to become more energy efficient for both our tenants and for ourselves as an investor. This is beneficial to everyone’s operations and bottom line. The market is educated on LEED and is starting to seek out these designated buildings. We congratulate M-M Properties and the Bank of America Center team. The building is managed by Hines and leased by PM Realty Group.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices