The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has awarded Bank of America Center, located at 700 Louisiana in Downtown Houston’s theater district, its LEED® for Existing Building, Operations, and Maintenance Gold Certification. In awarding its Gold Certification, USGBC is verifying that Bank of America Center is being operated in a sustainable and environmentally sound manner.
Designed by renowned architect Phillip Johnson and partner John Burgee, the 56 floor, 1.26 million square foot landmark office tower is owned by a joint venture of M-M Properties and an affiliate of the General Electric Pension Trust, advised by GE Asset Management. According to Ken Moczulski CEO of M-M Properties, “When we purchased the property in August 2007, we committed to investing the capital and doing everything necessary to operate the property in a most environmentally responsible manner. Thanks to the inherently energy efficient design of Bank of America Center, the great work of our management and engineering team, the expert assistance of Kirksey Architects, and the enthusiastic participation of our tenants, our efforts have been validated by USGBC. We are thrilled to have received LEED Gold certification and will remain dedicated to the sustainable principles espoused by USGBC.”
“GE Asset Management is fully supportive of the Bank of America team’s efforts in obtaining this LEED Gold designation,” stated Brad Barrett, managing director of GE Asset Management. “On a firm wide basis, we are striving to become more energy efficient for both our tenants and for ourselves as an investor. This is beneficial to everyone’s operations and bottom line. The market is educated on LEED and is starting to seek out these designated buildings. We congratulate M-M Properties and the Bank of America Center team. The building is managed by Hines and leased by PM Realty Group.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- ISEA Seeking Input For Revision Of High-Visibility Worker Apparel Standard