The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has awarded Bank of America Center, located at 700 Louisiana in Downtown Houston’s theater district, its LEED® for Existing Building, Operations, and Maintenance Gold Certification. In awarding its Gold Certification, USGBC is verifying that Bank of America Center is being operated in a sustainable and environmentally sound manner.
Designed by renowned architect Phillip Johnson and partner John Burgee, the 56 floor, 1.26 million square foot landmark office tower is owned by a joint venture of M-M Properties and an affiliate of the General Electric Pension Trust, advised by GE Asset Management. According to Ken Moczulski CEO of M-M Properties, “When we purchased the property in August 2007, we committed to investing the capital and doing everything necessary to operate the property in a most environmentally responsible manner. Thanks to the inherently energy efficient design of Bank of America Center, the great work of our management and engineering team, the expert assistance of Kirksey Architects, and the enthusiastic participation of our tenants, our efforts have been validated by USGBC. We are thrilled to have received LEED Gold certification and will remain dedicated to the sustainable principles espoused by USGBC.”
“GE Asset Management is fully supportive of the Bank of America team’s efforts in obtaining this LEED Gold designation,” stated Brad Barrett, managing director of GE Asset Management. “On a firm wide basis, we are striving to become more energy efficient for both our tenants and for ourselves as an investor. This is beneficial to everyone’s operations and bottom line. The market is educated on LEED and is starting to seek out these designated buildings. We congratulate M-M Properties and the Bank of America Center team. The building is managed by Hines and leased by PM Realty Group.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management