On December 3, 2009, seven of New York’s Capital Region commercial real estate properties were honored at a celebration of the area’s real estate industry.
The Office Building of the Year (TOBY) Awards, a nationally acknowledged program, recognizes quality in office buildings and excellence in management. Awards were presented by the Capital Region Building Owners and Managers (BOMA) Association.
Properties were recognized in the following categories:
- 400 State Street, Schenectady, under 100,000 Square Feet (pictured above)
- United Step 1, Malta, 100,000 to 249,000 Square Feet
- SUNY, Research Foundation, Historical
- CDPHP, Albany, Corporate Facility
- Capital Region Health Park, Medical Office Building
- 50 Wolf Road, Colonie, Government Building
- The College of Nanoscale Science & Engineering’s Albany NanoTech Complex, Suburban Office Park, low-rise (pictured below)
This year’s award event marks the second annual TOBY Awards in the Capital Region which is part of a national program recognizing outstanding buildings and properties throughout the country. Local winners have the ability to advance to regional competitions as part of the Mid Atlantic Conference. (One of last year’s winners, 625 Broadway, Albany, managed by Owens, Renz & Lee, went on to win the 2009 MAC Regional TOBY.)
“Capital Region BOMA is thrilled to provide this competition in order to elevate the much deserved recognition of these outstanding facilities, owners, and property managers. The commercial office buildings in and around the region are of the highest caliber with respect to innovative architecture, sound construction and outstanding management” said Sarah Jermano, Capital Region BOMA president.
The Capital Region BOMA also recognized three individuals for contributions to the industry and their association:
- Joseph Miller, Picotte Companies, Member of the Year
- Jim Grady, Tri-State High Rise Services, Allied Member of the Year
- Leonard Duffy, First Columbia, Engineer of the Year
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management