On December 3, 2009, seven of New York’s Capital Region commercial real estate properties were honored at a celebration of the area’s real estate industry.
The Office Building of the Year (TOBY) Awards, a nationally acknowledged program, recognizes quality in office buildings and excellence in management. Awards were presented by the Capital Region Building Owners and Managers (BOMA) Association.
Properties were recognized in the following categories:
- 400 State Street, Schenectady, under 100,000 Square Feet (pictured above)
- United Step 1, Malta, 100,000 to 249,000 Square Feet
- SUNY, Research Foundation, Historical
- CDPHP, Albany, Corporate Facility
- Capital Region Health Park, Medical Office Building
- 50 Wolf Road, Colonie, Government Building
- The College of Nanoscale Science & Engineering’s Albany NanoTech Complex, Suburban Office Park, low-rise (pictured below)
This year’s award event marks the second annual TOBY Awards in the Capital Region which is part of a national program recognizing outstanding buildings and properties throughout the country. Local winners have the ability to advance to regional competitions as part of the Mid Atlantic Conference. (One of last year’s winners, 625 Broadway, Albany, managed by Owens, Renz & Lee, went on to win the 2009 MAC Regional TOBY.)
“Capital Region BOMA is thrilled to provide this competition in order to elevate the much deserved recognition of these outstanding facilities, owners, and property managers. The commercial office buildings in and around the region are of the highest caliber with respect to innovative architecture, sound construction and outstanding management” said Sarah Jermano, Capital Region BOMA president.
The Capital Region BOMA also recognized three individuals for contributions to the industry and their association:
- Joseph Miller, Picotte Companies, Member of the Year
- Jim Grady, Tri-State High Rise Services, Allied Member of the Year
- Leonard Duffy, First Columbia, Engineer of the Year
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices