The test, which is three times longer and more rigorous than ASTM D 3273—the current industry standard, was conducted by an independent third party, RTI International, at its facilities in Research Triangle Park, NC between February and June 2009. To date, no other gypsum products manufacturer has announced test results showing zero mold growth for 12 full weeks for any product.
“These results confirm what we have long known—that our Dens products lead the industry in mold and moisture resistance performance,” said Kendall Clark, Research & Development Program Manager, Georgia-Pacific Gypsum. “Architects and builders can take comfort in the fact that the mold resistant properties of Dens products save time and money during construction, and also ensure the sustainability of structures.”
According to Susan Raterman, an industrial hygiene consultant in the areas of indoor air quality, mold mitigation, and asbestos management, the news that two Dens™ interior products have passed a rigorous 12-week test is noteworthy. “Both the length of the test and the fact that it used two of the most problematic species of mold found in buildings are indicative of the rigor of this mold resistance performance standard,” said Raterman, founder and president of The Raterman Group Ltd. “These results raise the bar for the entire industry, and further illustrate Georgia-Pacific Gypsum’s leadership in product quality and innovation.”
The DensArmor Plus® panels were also the first to be GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® and GREENGUARD Children & Schools™ Certified as low emitting gypsum panels.
* Test results limited to DensArmor Plus® High-Performance Interior Panel and do not include DensArmor Plus® Abuse-Resistant Interior Panels and DensArmor Plus® Impact-Resistant Panels.
** For more information about the EPA’s Environmental and Sustainable Technology Evaluations (ESTE) projects for microbial resistant building materials, visit www.epa.gov/etv/este.html#mrbmgw.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management