Gypsum Panels Demonstrate Mold Resistance
The test, which is three times longer and more rigorous than ASTM D 3273—the current industry standard, was conducted by an independent third party, RTI International, at its facilities in Research Triangle Park, NC between February and June 2009. To date, no other gypsum products manufacturer has announced test results showing zero mold growth for 12 full weeks for any product.
“These results confirm what we have long known—that our Dens products lead the industry in mold and moisture resistance performance,” said Kendall Clark, Research & Development Program Manager, Georgia-Pacific Gypsum. “Architects and builders can take comfort in the fact that the mold resistant properties of Dens products save time and money during construction, and also ensure the sustainability of structures.”
According to Susan Raterman, an industrial hygiene consultant in the areas of indoor air quality, mold mitigation, and asbestos management, the news that two Dens™ interior products have passed a rigorous 12-week test is noteworthy. “Both the length of the test and the fact that it used two of the most problematic species of mold found in buildings are indicative of the rigor of this mold resistance performance standard,” said Raterman, founder and president of The Raterman Group Ltd. “These results raise the bar for the entire industry, and further illustrate Georgia-Pacific Gypsum’s leadership in product quality and innovation.”
The DensArmor Plus® panels were also the first to be GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® and GREENGUARD Children & Schools™ Certified as low emitting gypsum panels.
* Test results limited to DensArmor Plus® High-Performance Interior Panel and do not include DensArmor Plus® Abuse-Resistant Interior Panels and DensArmor Plus® Impact-Resistant Panels.
** For more information about the EPA’s Environmental and Sustainable Technology Evaluations (ESTE) projects for microbial resistant building materials, visit www.epa.gov/etv/este.html#mrbmgw.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.