On November 19, The Chicago Theatre was highlighted by a group from VOA Associates Inc. that recreated that iconic building for the annual “Gingerbuild” competition held at the Allsteel/Gunlocke Chicago Resource Center. Using traditional gingerbread ingredients, VOA earned the honor of most delectable design in the pre-build category.
Meanwhile, the team from Whitney Design created a humorous parody of the TV reality show “Project Runway,” that earned runner-up in the speed-build category.
This year’s event attended by more than 100 Chicago area architects and designers, raised funds for Designs 4 Dignity, a charity organization that supports the transformation of existing non-profit spaces into creative, comfortable working environments through pro-bono design services and in-kind donations.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation