On November 19, The Chicago Theatre was highlighted by a group from VOA Associates Inc. that recreated that iconic building for the annual “Gingerbuild” competition held at the Allsteel/Gunlocke Chicago Resource Center. Using traditional gingerbread ingredients, VOA earned the honor of most delectable design in the pre-build category.
Meanwhile, the team from Whitney Design created a humorous parody of the TV reality show “Project Runway,” that earned runner-up in the speed-build category.
This year’s event attended by more than 100 Chicago area architects and designers, raised funds for Designs 4 Dignity, a charity organization that supports the transformation of existing non-profit spaces into creative, comfortable working environments through pro-bono design services and in-kind donations.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Best Practices For Data Center Management