On November 19, The Chicago Theatre was highlighted by a group from VOA Associates Inc. that recreated that iconic building for the annual “Gingerbuild” competition held at the Allsteel/Gunlocke Chicago Resource Center. Using traditional gingerbread ingredients, VOA earned the honor of most delectable design in the pre-build category.
Meanwhile, the team from Whitney Design created a humorous parody of the TV reality show “Project Runway,” that earned runner-up in the speed-build category.
This year’s event attended by more than 100 Chicago area architects and designers, raised funds for Designs 4 Dignity, a charity organization that supports the transformation of existing non-profit spaces into creative, comfortable working environments through pro-bono design services and in-kind donations.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention