On November 19, The Chicago Theatre was highlighted by a group from VOA Associates Inc. that recreated that iconic building for the annual “Gingerbuild” competition held at the Allsteel/Gunlocke Chicago Resource Center. Using traditional gingerbread ingredients, VOA earned the honor of most delectable design in the pre-build category.
Meanwhile, the team from Whitney Design created a humorous parody of the TV reality show “Project Runway,” that earned runner-up in the speed-build category.
This year’s event attended by more than 100 Chicago area architects and designers, raised funds for Designs 4 Dignity, a charity organization that supports the transformation of existing non-profit spaces into creative, comfortable working environments through pro-bono design services and in-kind donations.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.