The Accustat® Independence line of thermostats by PSG Controls provides a mercury-free option for facilities needing a tamper resistant control with fixed temperature set points. The Independence uses preset electronic fixed temperature set points to maintain desired comfort settings. These thermostats can be used in a variety of commercial applications such as warehouses and fast food restaurants, or residential applications such as condominiums or other managed properties.
The Accustat Independence line contains no mercury, and therefore provides a solution to facilities located in states that have passed legislation banning the sale of mercury, which extends to mercury sensor products. These states include Connecticut (since 2004) and California (since 2006).
Bi-metal or mercury based mechanical thermostats are virtually maintenance-free, but struggle to maintain precise temperature accuracy. This often results in occupant discomfort which encourages them to change temperature settings resulting in large temperature swings and high energy bills. Electronic and/or digital controls control temperatures precisely, but do require an extra wire for power, and/or batteries. The design of the new mercury-free Accustat Independence thermostats addresses these issues by providing precise temperature and locking tamper-proof cover, as well as not requiring batteries or extra wires.
For facilities already using Accustat thermostats, the eight models in the Independence line are available to cross over from existing models.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention