The Accustat® Independence line of thermostats by PSG Controls provides a mercury-free option for facilities needing a tamper resistant control with fixed temperature set points. The Independence uses preset electronic fixed temperature set points to maintain desired comfort settings. These thermostats can be used in a variety of commercial applications such as warehouses and fast food restaurants, or residential applications such as condominiums or other managed properties.
The Accustat Independence line contains no mercury, and therefore provides a solution to facilities located in states that have passed legislation banning the sale of mercury, which extends to mercury sensor products. These states include Connecticut (since 2004) and California (since 2006).
Bi-metal or mercury based mechanical thermostats are virtually maintenance-free, but struggle to maintain precise temperature accuracy. This often results in occupant discomfort which encourages them to change temperature settings resulting in large temperature swings and high energy bills. Electronic and/or digital controls control temperatures precisely, but do require an extra wire for power, and/or batteries. The design of the new mercury-free Accustat Independence thermostats addresses these issues by providing precise temperature and locking tamper-proof cover, as well as not requiring batteries or extra wires.
For facilities already using Accustat thermostats, the eight models in the Independence line are available to cross over from existing models.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management