The Accustat® Independence line of thermostats by PSG Controls provides a mercury-free option for facilities needing a tamper resistant control with fixed temperature set points. The Independence uses preset electronic fixed temperature set points to maintain desired comfort settings. These thermostats can be used in a variety of commercial applications such as warehouses and fast food restaurants, or residential applications such as condominiums or other managed properties.
The Accustat Independence line contains no mercury, and therefore provides a solution to facilities located in states that have passed legislation banning the sale of mercury, which extends to mercury sensor products. These states include Connecticut (since 2004) and California (since 2006).
Bi-metal or mercury based mechanical thermostats are virtually maintenance-free, but struggle to maintain precise temperature accuracy. This often results in occupant discomfort which encourages them to change temperature settings resulting in large temperature swings and high energy bills. Electronic and/or digital controls control temperatures precisely, but do require an extra wire for power, and/or batteries. The design of the new mercury-free Accustat Independence thermostats addresses these issues by providing precise temperature and locking tamper-proof cover, as well as not requiring batteries or extra wires.
For facilities already using Accustat thermostats, the eight models in the Independence line are available to cross over from existing models.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation