C.E. Thermal Systems announces a new way to heat spaces—through framed digital images hanging on the wall. The Heat by Design™ picture heater is an elegant and energy efficient space heating solution that customers design for use in their offices.
The Heat by Design convective picture heater uses a patented carbon fiber heating element system that is embedded behind the image. The flat carbon fiber elements safely increase the temperature of medium sized rooms by 3° to 7° F.
The picture heater is a quiet alternative to traditional space heaters. It operates without noisy, energy consuming fans that can stir airborne particulates and allergens. Heat by Design’s GentleHeat™ technology consumes only 400W of electricity per hour when operational. By turning the thermostat down just 1°F, a typical facility can save up to 5% on heating costs. The Heat by Design picture heater can then be used to warm those cold spots in the office.
Customers can upload digital photographs or choose from a gallery of stock images, so businesses can create their own heater with corporate graphics for a functional advertising specialty item to use in their offices or those of their clients. A gallery of elegant stock photographs is also available on the Heat by Design Web site.
Images are printed with a commercial, four-color printing process that uses UV-based inks to ensure images will not fade or crack due to heating or exposure to sunlight. Images are printed on a special aluminum surface that conducts heat.
The frame is constructed of a black composite material with a smooth finish. It offers dimensional stability through hot and cold cycles and will not warp or fade.
A patented, TouchSensor™ flat front switch on the frame turns the unit on or off, as indicated by a green LED on the frame. The system automatically shuts off after 10 hours of operation.
The Heat by Design picture heater is 36¾” x 28¾”, weighs only 10 pounds, and is simple to install. Easily mounted on most walls like a typical picture frame, Heat by Design keeps the unit and its power cord off the floor. This reduces clutter and improves safety in high traffic areas.
Prices start at $179 and product is delivered in two to three weeks.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation