UGL Unicco, a subsidiary of UGL Limited, has announced a new Energy Services practice that consolidates and enhances its previous portfolio of energy management offerings. UGL Unicco Energy Services helps customers manage energy supply and usage, as well as develop and implement long-term strategies to reduce consumption and costs while improving sustainability. This service offering focuses on the following aspects of energy lifecycle management:
Supply: Helps customers find optimal traditional and alternative (green) energy sources, and develop alternative models for purchasing energy in wholesale and commercial markets at the most cost-effective rates.
Awareness: Encourages building occupants to become active participants in the energy conservation process. The program reaches building occupants through normal communications channels, as well as special Web sites and programs, including real time energy monitors/displays.
Analysis/Certification: Offers a number of analysis services ranging from carbon footprint evaluations to energy trending and profiles, benchmarking, real time monitoring and reporting. Energy professionals conduct ASHRAE Level I, II & III energy analyses of building systems resulting in gap analyses that detail ways to optimize energy systems, reduce carbon emissions, and create offsets. U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) LEED Accredited Professionals help customers move through LEED certification programs.
Operational Strategies: Helps companies evaluate and qualify for government and utility company rebates for retrofits and upgrades, as well as demand response programs. Energy invoice reviews that analyze cost components and compare invoices to actual usage to minimize errors and reduce overall costs are also available.
Customers may select any or all of the available services ranging from low cost walkthroughs to investment grade energy analysis and project management. Customers may also receive guidance on financing and performance based contracting by third-party partners or subcontracted engineering firms.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs