USGBC Approves IREM Course on Sustainable Real Estate Management
The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM®) announced that its online course on “Sustainable Real Estate Management” (SRMOO1) has been approved for continuing education credit for LEED Professionals by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). With the acceptance of the course, IREM becomes an approved USGBC Education Provider. Education Providers are third-party organizations offering the highest-quality education that has been peer reviewed and endorsed by USGBC.
“IREM Members are committed to adopting sustainable building operating practices to help ensure that the properties they manage are environmentally sound, healthy places to live, work and shop,” said IREM President O. Randall Woodbury, CPM®. “USGBC’s recognition of the value of our green course in fostering sustainability and promoting efficient energy management both reflects and reinforces that commitment.”
“Sustainable Real Estate Management” also is eligible for elective credit toward the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR) Green Designation. Those interested in earning this designation must be active members of NAR (either as a REALTOR® or Institute Affiliate member) and maintain membership in the Green REsource Council, founded by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC), a NAR subsidiary, to broadly disseminate knowledge about green real estate practices.
“Sustainable Real Estate Management” was designed and developed with IREM Member-experts in sustainable, or “green” real estate management. The course focuses on common sense, cost effective ways to meet owner, tenant, and resident demand for “green” real estate and increase a property’s NOI through sustainable real estate management techniques. Requiring approximately six hours to complete, it is self-guided and features open enrollment, enabling in individuals to begin and return to it at any time.
Specific topics addressed include:
- Sustainable property operations;
- Increasing energy efficiency;
- Increasing water efficiency;
- Improving indoor environmental quality (IEQ);
- How to reduce, reuse, and recycle; and
- The sustainable real estate management company.
For more information and to register, click this link.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.