You see them everywhere—intersections, parking lots, and storefronts—but in Houston, TX, the public will no longer be subjected to inflatable marketing devices. This comes after an incident on a shopping center rooftop just yesterday (1/28/10), when an out-of-control inflatable gorilla deflated and caused a fire.
From the AP:
District Chief Fred Hooker says some type of a “blowup doll” was on the roof, the item deflated and landed on some lights, leading to the fire. Fire authorities say two stores suffered minor water damage. Part of the rooftop also was seen to have suffered fire damage. No injuries were reported in the fire early Thursday.
(However, the gorilla is not doing so well…)
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention