Joseph R. (Bob) Granger, CPP, has advanced to the presidency of ASIS International. Granger is the director of security for United Space Alliance, which is NASA’s space shuttle prime contractor, with primary locations at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, the Johnson Space Center in Texas, and Marshall Space Flight Center in Alabama. Granger is responsible for all aspects of USA’s security worldwide, including personnel and industrial security, as well as internal physical security and access, and integrity controls for the space shuttle fleet. Granger has been an ASIS member since 1985.
Granger has more than 39 years in security and law enforcement. After serving in the U.S. Army during Vietnam, he spent eight years as a municipal police officer in Cocoa, FL, and more than 28 years working in various security disciplines at the Kennedy Space Center.
Granger has served on the ASIS Board of Directors for the past five years. He is a Certified Protection Professional (CPP) and a member of the CSO Roundtable. Previously, he served as a council vice president, member, and chairman of the Physical Security Council, faculty advisor and speaker for the Physical Security Professional (PSP) Review program, and member of the ASIS Foundation Board of Directors. He has been a featured speaker and lecturer before international audiences at numerous ASIS professional development programs.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation