As 2009 came to a close last week, employees of Indiana Furniture, based in Jasper, IN, concluded their year-long Wellness Program with the collection of nearly 1,000 pieces of non-perishable food items for the Dubois County Food Bank.
Said Nancy Wilson, vice president of human resources and safety at the company, “Employees receive points for various wellness related events throughout the year; one of those events consisted of bringing in a healthy dish/recipe to share with other employees. In lieu of the share the healthy recipe event, we felt the food used in employee recipes would better serve those less fortunate in our communities.”
Employees of Indiana Furniture’s five manufacturing plants and office donated items to be consolidated and passed on to the Food Bank.
“Indiana Furniture strives to put their employees first and our year long wellness program is an example. It provides guidance and a little support to help stay on track with a healthier lifestyle,” commented Rich Slayton, president and CEO. “Making better choices is easier with a support system and some incentive. The program encourages better eating habits, exercise and preventive health screenings. The food collection rather than the healthy recipe sharing event was simply a case of realizing our employees are willing to share with their coworkers so why not share with others in the community that could use the help.”
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention