As 2009 came to a close last week, employees of Indiana Furniture, based in Jasper, IN, concluded their year-long Wellness Program with the collection of nearly 1,000 pieces of non-perishable food items for the Dubois County Food Bank.
Said Nancy Wilson, vice president of human resources and safety at the company, “Employees receive points for various wellness related events throughout the year; one of those events consisted of bringing in a healthy dish/recipe to share with other employees. In lieu of the share the healthy recipe event, we felt the food used in employee recipes would better serve those less fortunate in our communities.”
Employees of Indiana Furniture’s five manufacturing plants and office donated items to be consolidated and passed on to the Food Bank.
“Indiana Furniture strives to put their employees first and our year long wellness program is an example. It provides guidance and a little support to help stay on track with a healthier lifestyle,” commented Rich Slayton, president and CEO. “Making better choices is easier with a support system and some incentive. The program encourages better eating habits, exercise and preventive health screenings. The food collection rather than the healthy recipe sharing event was simply a case of realizing our employees are willing to share with their coworkers so why not share with others in the community that could use the help.”
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management