As 2009 came to a close last week, employees of Indiana Furniture, based in Jasper, IN, concluded their year-long Wellness Program with the collection of nearly 1,000 pieces of non-perishable food items for the Dubois County Food Bank.
Said Nancy Wilson, vice president of human resources and safety at the company, “Employees receive points for various wellness related events throughout the year; one of those events consisted of bringing in a healthy dish/recipe to share with other employees. In lieu of the share the healthy recipe event, we felt the food used in employee recipes would better serve those less fortunate in our communities.”
Employees of Indiana Furniture’s five manufacturing plants and office donated items to be consolidated and passed on to the Food Bank.
“Indiana Furniture strives to put their employees first and our year long wellness program is an example. It provides guidance and a little support to help stay on track with a healthier lifestyle,” commented Rich Slayton, president and CEO. “Making better choices is easier with a support system and some incentive. The program encourages better eating habits, exercise and preventive health screenings. The food collection rather than the healthy recipe sharing event was simply a case of realizing our employees are willing to share with their coworkers so why not share with others in the community that could use the help.”
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event