Software Update Needed for ZOLL AED Plus
ZOLL Medical Corporation has issued a field corrective action on its AED Plus® automated external defibrillator. The Company had determined that some batteries do not work properly when used with ZOLL AED Plus defibrillators manufactured prior to February 12, 2009 (serial numbers below X_ _ _200000).
The previous version of ZOLL AED Plus Self-Test Software did not adequately detect defective batteries, which could lead to a failure to deliver defibrillation shocks during treatment of sudden cardiac arrest. Customers who own this model should take the following action:
- All AED Plus devices with serial numbers below “X_ _ _200000” must be upgraded with the latest software release. The software update can be easily downloaded from the Company’s Web site and installed by the user.
- Users must send ZOLL an acknowledgment that the corrective action has been implemented after updating the device software. This confirmation is required for customers to avoid liability and for ZOLL to ensure defective devices have been remedied.
More information on this corrective action, including instructions for downloading software, sending ZOLL the acknowledgment, and ordering replacement batteries is available from the following link.
This action does not apply to AED Plus devices manufactured after February 12, 2009 (serial numbers above X_ _ _200000).
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?
- Upgrading Power Transformers